Brief Description about ONECommunity Scholarship
- Partial Funding
- UK Universities
- All Subjects
- Domestic Students, International Students
Around the course of the past 16 years, HarborOne has contributed more than $700,00 in the form of college scholarships, and they are deeply committed to maintaining this initiative in order to continue assisting outstanding students from all over the country.
HarborOne’s ONECommunity Scholarship recognizes and rewards academic success and community service.
ONECommunity Scholarships, UK 2022-23 are offered for students who wish to pursue undergraduate level programs at universities located in the United Kingdom.
The following categories of study are open to students who are awarded funding through this particular scholarship program.
♦ All Subjects.
Scholarship Benefits: Forty undergraduate students will each receive $2,500 from HarborOne Bank to pursue their education in the United Kingdom.
Nationalities That May Apply:
Criteria for Eligibility:
♦ You must be a senior in high school.
♦ A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
♦ Plan to enroll in a two- or four-year college or institution that is accredited.
♦ By the March 15th application deadline, someone in the immediate family* must have a current HarborOne personal deposit** account. (*Immediate family members include parents, stepparents, legal guardians, siblings, and applicants.) Checking, savings, CD, money market, and IRA accounts are examples of personal deposit accounts.
- Immediate relatives** of HarborOne workers and board members are ineligible (**Immediate relatives includes: children, grandkids, stepchildren, step grandchildren, siblings).
In order to finish the on-line application, we recommend that you do the following:
♦Please read all instructions thoroughly and pay special attention to the proper links for applying and returning to a previously saved application.
♦ To upload, ask your guidance counselor for a copy of your official transcript.
♦ Please include grades from the first semester of senior year. Make sure the transcript you’re uploading is readable. No JPGs, please. Scanned Word doc or PDF is preferred.
- Recommendations are not essential, but they are strongly encouraged.
- Determine who will offer a letter of recommendation to be uploaded, such as a teacher or guidance counselor.
- Your teacher or guidance counselor can submit the recommendation letter on your behalf if your school has a “blind referral policy.” Please send an email to your instructor or guidance counselor using the “Recommender” link within the application.
- They will be able to upload a blind recommendation letter immediately to your application using the email address.
- Please mention your First and Last Name, as well as ONECommunity Scholarship Application, in the subject line of your email.
- Please allow enough time for the recommender to upload your recommendation. If you have a March 15th deadline, ask them to upload by March 11th.
- The recommendation will appear in the attachments area of your application after it has been uploaded.
- You must see the suggestion in attachments before submitting your application in order for it to be included in your application.
- You can also immediately upload a letter of recommendation.
- NOTE: Only one recommendation will be read per application.