Oppenheimer Impact Scholar is a 2-2.5 year training post that combines a full scholarship for a 12-month MSc in Global Sustainability Solutions at the University of Exeter’s Streatham Campus in the UK, followed by a research associate post at the University of Cape Town (UCT) for an additional 12-18 months.
This project aims to assist planners in incorporating information and decision-making tools addressing coastal hazards into their decision-making processes. Coastal hazards are a result of sea level rise (SLR) and storm surges in southern Africa. The undertaking is a component of the Oppenheimer Project in African Landscape Systems (OPALS, jointly funded by the University of Exeter and Oppenheimer Generations Research and Conservation).
OPALS aims to: I Promote a strong, credible, and connected voice for African people, land managers, and researchers in the context of the global climate and ecological crises; and (ii) Facilitate the development of a strong, credible, and interconnected network of (ii) Co-produce science-based solutions to comprehend, mitigate, and adapt to environmental change, thereby fostering the development of resilient and sustainable socio-environmental systems in Africa. (iii) Promote Africa’s leadership in ecologically sustainable management.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organisation: University of Exeter
- Country to study: United Kingdom
- School to study: University of Exeter
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: April 3, 2023
See Also: University of Melbourne 2023 Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship, Australia
About the University of Exeter
The University of Exeter, with campuses in Exeter and Cornwall in the South West of England, combines top-notch research with outstanding student happiness.
We are one of the select few universities with both a Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Gold award and membership in the Russell Group, demonstrating our well-established international reputation for distinction in both teaching and research.
Our success is based on a solid connection with our students and a distinct commitment to excellence.
Also Check: University of Edinburgh 2023 The Catto Combined MSc and PhD Scholarships, Centre of African Studies
- Training post, tuition fee; stipend; paid internship, and allowances
- Applicants must be citizens of an African nation, and Mozambique nationals will be given precedence.
- Applicants must have qualifications comparable to a UK First or Second Class Upper Honours degree in a relevant area of science or technology and have applied for a place on the MSc Global Sustainability Solutions programme.
- If English is not your native tongue, you must complete our English proficiency standards.
Documents Required for Application
- English letter of application (2-page max. outlining your academic interests, prior research experience, and motivation to undertake this project).
- Application letter in Portuguese (2-page max. outlining your academic interests, prior research experience, and motivation to undertake this project).
- CV (4-pages max, please do not include pictures, race, date of birth, marital status, or religion etc as under UK legislation these protected attributes will not be evaluated and please refer to person specification for the areas of assessment)
- Transcript(s) detailing all subjects studied and grades/marks received (if you are still studying this should be an interim transcript).
- Include the names and contact information for two individuals familiar with your academic/professional work. You are not obliged to collect your own references. If you are shortlisted, we will request recommendations directly from your referees.
- If you are not a citizen of a majority-English-speaking country, you must provide evidence of your English competence.
How to apply
Are you interested and qualified? To apply, visit the University of Exeter on srs.exeter.ac.uk
April 3, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- TWAS-SN Bose 2023 Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- International Ambassador Scholarship for International Students at UWL 2023
- Boston University 2022 Trustee Scholarship for Undergraduate Students