The Peking University (Overseas Students) Scholarship was established in 2012 to assist outstanding students who wish to pursue undergraduate and/or postgraduate studies at Peking University.
The scholarship is divided into two categories: full scholarships and half scholarships. Tuition expenses, a monthly stipend (including a living allowance), and medical insurance are all covered by the entire scholarship. The half scholarship simply pays for tuition.
- Type: College School
- Organisation: Peking University
- Country to study: China
- School to study: Peking University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
About the Peking University
Peking University, founded in 1898 as the Imperial University of Peking, was China’s first national comprehensive university and the ultimate education authority at the time. It has evolved into a comprehensive university with foundational instruction and research in both humanities and science since the founding of the People’s Republic of China in 1949.
China’s reform and opening-up in 1978 ushered in an unprecedented era for the University. And its 2000 merger with Beijing Medical University has positioned it for all-around and lively growth in sectors including as science, engineering, medicine, agriculture, humanities, and social sciences. A world-class university.
The monthly stipend is given as follows: –
- Undergraduate : 2000 CNY/month
- Postgraduate : 2500CNY/month
- PhD : 3000CNY/month
- Undergraduate : 1 year
- Master program : 2-3 years
- PhD : 4 years
- Direct PhD : 5 years
Application period: – March until April every year
Applicant must have an offer to study as a foreign student (freshman) at Peking University and have not received any other scholarship assistance. Students who are currently enrolled in a professional degree program, a combined degree program, or an English taught program are not eligible to apply.
How to apply
- Visit the PKU Online Application System (http://www.studyatpku.com), select “Scholarship Application” – “New Student,” complete the application form, and submit it.
- Kindly submit or mail the letter of appeal to ISDPKU before the deadline.
- The applications will be evaluated by the committee.
- The list of chosen candidates will be submitted for final approval.
- The successful candidates’ names will be released.
Scholarship recipients must complete an annual evaluation in April in order to continue receiving the scholarship the following year.
For more details visit: Peking University website.
April 30, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: