Every year, the Playford Trust awards two PhD scholarships to students seeking to do research in one of the Trust’s focus areas.
The scholarships are meant to enhance an existing Australian Government Research Training Program Stipend Award (RTPS) or a comparable institutional PhD stipend scholarship.
Students must be conducting research at The University of Adelaide, Flinders University, or the University of South Australia in one of the Trust’s key areas:
- Advanced manufacturing and new technologies
- Water, energy and climate change
- Agriculture and food production
- Space and defence technology
- Health sciences and enabling technologies
- Mining and resources development.
Students must be starting their PhD in the scholarship year or have started their PhD no earlier than August in the previous year.
The Trust will consider an application for a time extension if progress has been made and suitable assistance has been received from the university and the PhD supervisor. Such an extension is not automatically approved.
- Type: PhD
- Organisation: Flinders University
- Country to study: Australia
- School to study: Flinders University, University of Adelaide, University of South Australia
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 20, 2023
About the Flinders University
Flinders University is a South Australian state university. It was named after explorer Matthew Flinders, who explored and mapped the South Australian coastline in the early nineteenth century.
Flinders is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group, ranking 10-16 in Australia and 36th in the world among institutions established less than 50 years. Academically, the institution pioneered a multidisciplinary approach to education, and its colleges of medicine and humanities are among the top ten in the country.
The scholarships are worth $17,500 and will be paid at a rate of $5000 each year for three and a half years.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Ready to begin a PhD at The University of Adelaide, Flinders University, or The University of South Australia in one of the Trust’s focus areas
- Principally sponsored by an Australian Government Research Training Program Stipend Grant (RTPS) or a comparable institutional PhD stipend scholarship. The Trust requires a copy of the letter of confirmation before the scholarship may be issued.
- An Australian citizen or a permanent residence visa holder living in South Australia
- Intended to spend a major portion of their career in South Australia or are likely to benefit the State a high achiever with an outstanding undergraduate academic record
- Of good character. Students with shown leadership potential will be given priority.
How to apply
For more details, visit Flinders University website.
January 20, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: