The Research Preparation Scholarship for Indigenous Students is intended to assist an indigenous student for one year while they pursue a program of study that would qualify them for admission to a research higher degree upon completion. Honors studies, postgraduate course work, research projects, bridging programs, and other studies may be required in order for the candidate to be considered in principle for a research higher degree program.
The winning awardee will be able to demonstrate academic potential and explain how their education has been hampered due to a lack of acceptable educational paths or financial difficulties.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organisation: Flinders University
- Country to study: Australia
- School to study: Flinders University
- Course to study: View courses
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
About the Flinders University
In Adelaide, South Australia, there is a public university called Flinders University. It was established in 1966 and is called in honor of the explorer and surveyor of the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century, Matthew Flinders.
Flinders is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group, ranking 10-16 in Australia and 36th in the world among institutions established less than 50 years. The institution established a cross-disciplinary method of teaching, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities are among the top 10 in the country.
The scholarship will be worth the current Flinders University Research Scholarship fee for up to a year of study. The scholarship will be given in weekly installments and will begin after the successful awardee has demonstrated full-time enrollment in the authorized route degree.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the award:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia;
- Be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Torres Strait Islander ancestry, identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, and be recognised as such by the community in which the applicant lives or has resided;
- Be enrolled in or receive an offer to begin one of the above-mentioned route programs;
- Not previously held an Indigenous Research Preparation Scholarship, and
- After finishing the Indigenous Research Preparation Scholarship, I intend to apply to Flinders University for a research higher degree.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online using the Flinders University Student System before the deadline.
For more details, visit Flinders University website.
January 31, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: