The Rhodes Scholarship offers outstanding postgraduate students from all areas of the world and in all academic disciplines the opportunity to continue their education at Oxford University. At Oxford, you have the opportunity to study any topic that interests you.
The Rhodes Scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship that enables exceptionally outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford full time and receive full funding for their education.
If you choose to become a scholar, you will become a permanent member of a robust and encouraging global community.
The application process might be summarized as being rather uncomplicated. You simply provide them with some information about yourself, and then a number of interviews are conducted in your area.
You will have an easier time maximizing your potential at Oxford University on all fronts—academically, socially, personally, and financially—if you are awarded a RHODES scholarship.
- DEADLINE : from June 1, 2022, to August 1, 2022.
- LEVEL : Master, PhD.
- FINANCING : Fully Funded (travel, accommodation, stipend…).
- ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES : All nationalities.
- HOST ESTABLISHMENT : Oxford University, UK.
Rhodes Trust is an international organization that brings together people from a variety of backgrounds and points of view by using its extensive network of contacts all around the world.
We strongly encourage people to argue with one another, to challenge each other’s ways of thinking, and to come up with original ideas. Cecil Rhodes had high hopes that his Trustees would adapt his ideas so that they could effectively react to the shifting conditions.
Following his passing, his Trustees established a number of additional Scholarships for Canada in addition to those that he had already established. The adaptation continued through three Acts of the British Parliament and other significant changes to his will, for example, during World War I, negating the German Scholarships, which were twice re-created by his Trustees (in 1929-30 and 1969-70); in 1929, completely transforming the geographic base on which the Scholarships are awarded in the United States; opening up all of the Scholarships (except for four of them) to women as well as men in 1976; the opening up of those four remaining Scholarships to women as well as
However, throughout the first one hundred years after Cecil Rhodes’ death, the Trustees added approximately forty more Scholarships at one time or another, but not all of them have been maintained.
The Rhodes Trust collaborated with Nelson Mandela in 2003 to establish The Mandela Rhodes Foundation as a way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Rhodes Scholarships and to continue the historic responsibility of the Rhodes Trust to Africa and, more specifically, to the cultivation of African leaders. This was done in order to continue the Rhodes Trust’s commitment to leadership development in Africa.
The Rhodes Trust is an organization that is focused on the future. There is a window of opportunity to bring an end to the cycle of historical injustice, as Nelson Mandela remarked when that Foundation was first established in 2003.
In addition, we do not shy away from history and instead make use of it to question the current order of things.
- The Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships each have a standard duration of two years, with the caveat that both the student’s academic performance and their personal conduct must be deemed adequate. In exceptional circumstances, and at the discretion of the Academic Committee of the Rhodes Trust and the Rhodes
- Trustees, students may apply for a third year of Rhodes Trust Global Scholarship funding in order to finish their DPhil degrees.
- The Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships are awarded for a minimum of two years.
You may also like: Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship in the USA for 2022/2023
Eligibility for Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships
The Rhodes Selection Committees are searching the globe over for extraordinary young people in the areas of intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service from each of the 64 nations that make up the 20 Rhodes constituencies.
The following are the four criteria that will be used to choose students to receive Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships:
- Academic and literary achievements (academic excellence)
- It takes a lot of energy to fully utilize one’s abilities (as displayed by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, specifically where teamwork is concerned).
- Truth, courage, duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindness, selflessness, and fellowship are all virtues.
- The moral strength of one’s character and intuitions to lead and care for one’s fellow beings.
All applicants for the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency: Citizenship and residency can be obtained from any country in the world.
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old and not older than 24 years old on October 1st of the year you apply. Depending on the local environment, there is some variation in the upper age limit across constituencies. Before applying, please double-check the exact age requirements for your constituency. Following the selection process, successful applicants will arrive in Oxford in October. It is not possible to postpone the Scholarship.
- Before coming up to Oxford, Rhodes Scholars must have completed a Bachelor’s degree of sufficient quality to meet both the Rhodes and the Oxford criteria. Please review the detailed information provided by the constituency to which you are applying on our How to Apply for a Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships page as well as the University of Oxford prospectus pages for more information. NB: Some constituencies require you to have completed your undergraduate degree in the year you apply for the Scholarship.
How to Apply for Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships
If you’re interested in learning more about the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships, visit their website Rhodes Trust on www. Rhodes house.ox.ac. the UK to apply.Please keep in mind that each application round allows you to submit only one Rhodes Scholarship application. Any applicant who submits more than one application in a calendar year will be excluded from all applications submitted.
The Application Deadline for the Scholarship is August 1, 2022.
See What Others Are Reading:
- Fully Funded Kuwait Government Scholarships 2022
- Clark University Jonas Clark Scholarship for International Students in the USA 2022/2023
- Aston University GREAT Scholarships For Kenya Students, UK 2022