Newcastle University is proud to announce the introduction of its 2023 Sanctuary Scholarships for international students.
These scholarships are designed to provide financial support for talented students who come from diverse backgrounds and face a range of barriers to higher education.
The scholarships cover tuition fees, living costs, and other reasonable expenses associated with study in the UK. Qualifying applicants must demonstrate their academic potential, financial need, and commitment to making a positive contribution to their local community. This scholarship scheme is an excellent opportunity for those who are passionate about their studies and have the ambition to reach their educational goals
Must read: Complete List of All Universities in UK that Accept WASSCE (WAEC) Results
Brief Description on Sanctuary Scholarships
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organization: Newcastle University
- Country: United Kingdom
- School to study:Newcastle University
- Course to study: View courses
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: April 7, 2023
See Also: The Total Educational Cost to Study in Canada | Complete Student Guide
About the Newcastle University
Newcastle University (officially known as the University of Newcastle upon Tyne) is a public research university in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. The university can be traced back to an 1834 School of Medicine and Surgery (later the College of Medicine) and an 1871 College of Physical Science (later renamed Armstrong College).
The Durham Colleges formed one division of the federal University of Durham, while these two colleges formed the other. In 1937, the Newcastle colleges merged to form King’s College. Following an Act of Parliament, King’s College was renamed the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in 1963.
Also Check: How to Study Abroad for Free (Secret Blueprint No one will tell you)
One of the significant benefits of the Sanctuary Scholarships at the Newcastle University is:
- Full tuition and living expenses are covered by the scholarship.
The eligibility requirement to achieve the Sanctuary Scholarships at the Newcastle University are:
- This scheme is open to the following types of applicants:
- Those seeking asylum
- Children of asylum seekers and unaccompanied minors seeking asylum (e.g., children migrants under the age of 18)*
- applicants with refugee status (ineligible for Student Finance government funding)
*Applicants who have been granted Humanitarian Protection or Discretionary Leave to Remain as a result of an asylum application, as well as the children of a parent in this situation, will be considered.
- Applicants must be residents of the United Kingdom at the time they apply for consideration under the scheme. Applicants from the North East of England will be given preference (Tyne and Wear, County Durham, Northumberland, Cleveland and North Cumbria).
- Applicants must have applied for a place on a degree programme at Newcastle University. Applicants seeking their first degree will be given preference.
- Their predicted grades must meet the admission requirements for the degree in question.
Applicants with qualifications from countries other than the United Kingdom are welcome to use our International Webpages. Before applying to Newcastle, start by selecting your country to learn about the typical Undergraduate and Postgraduate entry requirements.
If you have any further questions about our entry requirements, please contact us using the links below and we will be happy to assist you:-
Inquiries Regarding Undergraduate Study
Postgraduate Study Inquiries
- Applicants must meet the English language requirements for their course or have relevant qualifications demonstrating English language proficiency.Find out more about English language support.
If there is a good reason for criterion 4 or 5 not being met, personal circumstances will be considered.
- Applicants must be unable to obtain mainstream funding, such as Student Finance England or a local government grant.
The Asylum and Migration Justice Forum discussed and agreed on these criteria.
How to apply
Are you interested and qualified? To apply, visit the Newcastle University on app.geckoform.com
Applicants must upload proof of their immigration status as well as a reference. The reference should come from someone who has known the applicant for a long time and is familiar with their personal circumstances.
Before completing the application form, please carefully read the Sanctuary Scholarship Application Guidance Notes (PDF: 70KB).
The Application deadline for the Sanctuary Scholarships at the Newcastle University is the April 7, 2023
All interested candidates are expected to have submitted their applications on or before this date. We highly advise to submit as soon as possible.
Don’t skip: Easy Guide to Become a Permanent Resident of Canada
The Newcastle University 2023 Sanctuary Scholarships for International Students offer a unique opportunity to those who have the ambition and potential to pursue higher education.
This scholarship scheme provides financial support to those facing a range of barriers to education, making it a valuable opportunity to access world–class higher education in the UK.
Prospective applicants must demonstrate their academic promise and commitment to making a difference in their local community.
By doing so, they will become recipients of this generous scholarship programme, with the chance to not only gain an outstanding education but also make an impact on their communities.
Consider reading: Top 7 Tips for Students to Write a Great Scholarship Application
Click the button below to Gain Access to our Members’ Exclusive Group, before it fills up again.
Gain Access Now!
See What Others Are Reading:
- 10 Signs Your Relationship Is Slowly Dying
- 5 Easy Ways to Make Your Boyfriend Go Crazy Over You
- 30 International Students Scholarships to Study in Portugal