Complete List of Fully funded International Scholarship for African Students
List of Fully Funded International Scholarships for African Students
Scholarship for African students in the United States of America will definitely reward you with a degree, certification and recognition that is highly recognized in the world today.
This maybe what you have been seeking for; that is 100% guaranteed to give you that boost you may need in your future career.
However, reading this article will reveal to you the best scholarship opportunity for students to study in the U.S. does not matter if you are an African or not.
Your search for “Scholarships for African students” may have brought you here, there are so many other aspects of International scholarships that you will find in this article for both African students and non-africa students, so do well to read till the end.
What others are reading:
- Best Scholarship and Study Abroad Programs You can find online
- How to Get a Student Loan without a Job
- How to Study [The Right Way]
Currently, Africa is approaching the very forefront of significant worldwide economical growth. Due to this reason, the search of scholarships for African students has greatly increased.
Scholarships for Africans are aimed at helping the youths across the African continent to obtain both knowledge and skills at United States institutions that can also be used in their indigenous countries to further influence their country’s growth.
Research has shown that about 62% of the African population are under the ages of 25 years. Infact, over 2.2 million of the young African adults will be pumped into the country’s workforce in the next 3 (three) to 5 (five) years.
We already know that, Africa is one the world’s youngest continent. Which has gone through an economic resurgence in the last 10 (ten) years.
Manufacturing, banking, agricultural and telecommunication industries are just a number of growth aspect in which africa has flourished with the decade.
Here, we will be providing you with easy scholarship programs available to African students that reduces costs for African students who are aimed at studying in United States universities.
It doesn’t matter if you are searching for an undergraduate scholarship for African students to study abroad or full scholarship to continue your studies in United States of America;
You can simply glance through our table of contents to choose from the easy scholarship programs we have compiled for you.
As already mentioned, this scholarship programs are driven to help other countries bring back developments to their home and individual countries.
How can I get a Full Scholarship for African Students
Currently, there is no doubt that the United States of America has remained the leader of all trends in the development and educational sector.
Having the opportunity to study in the United States of America earns you a certificate that is highly regarded in the world.
Their educational infrastructures, system and curriculum has uplifted the country in the eyes of international students thereby making the US the most prioritized nation to gain knowledge, certification and degrees.
Although, this interest in getting a degree or certification from recognized Universities in the US may not be backed up by sufficient finance.
There are Scholarship programs funded by wealthy citizens of the United States, well to do foundations and even Universities themselves. All in bid to help African Students achieve their desired educational ambitions.
These programs offers grants, tuition wavers, full scholarship and financial support to eligible applicants every year.
All you have to do, is to put yourself in an eligible state to be offered these once in a life time opportunities.
There are different types of scholarship programs, like we earlier mentioned but the most popular amidst all is the full scholarship program for international students to study abroad.
This scholarship opportunity will take care of your tuition fee, everyday expenses, air fare and many other academical related expenses.
The Full Bright scholarship program is the most popular under this type of scholarship opportunity.
It is very important to keep in mind that, while some are full graduate scholarships for African students to study abroad, others are undergraduate scholarships for African students.
Many of these scholarships may cover all your academical expenses, while some will however enable you achieve quality education at a much cheaper rate.
We have taken the responsibility to ease you of the stress of seeking for scholarships for African students one after the other, online.
And have compiled a list of all the scholarship programs for African students, so that all you have to do is read through and find the best that suits you.
Not forgetting to take into consideration their eligibility requirements which is very important before sending in your applications.
In addition, whether you are searching for an undergraduate scholarship for African students to study abroad or full time graduate scholarship for African students, we’ve got you covered.
You will find a very comprehensive list of both Full time undergraduate scholarship and graduate scholarships for african students which are awarded every year.
If you were unlucky to see a passed deadline, do not worry much. Simply take note of them for future applications.
On the other hand, if you were lucky to see a deadline that is yet to be met. Send in your applications and pray for the best.
Scholarship for African Students
1. AAUW International Fellowships
The American Association of University Women(AAUW), International Fellowships are awarded annually to African, Asian and Latin American Women of up to about $30,000 (thirty thousand dollars) in funds.
Eligibility Requirements for AAUW
- Interested candidates must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree and are not U.S. Citizens or permanent residents to be able to apply for this Scholarship program.
- They must also be interested in pursuing a full-time graduate studies in America.
- Recipients must agree to return to their home countries upon graduation to become leaders in business, academic, activism, government, the arts, and science categories to help empower other women.
Contact AAUW International Fellowships
1111 Sixteenth Street NW,
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: +1 (202) 785 – 7700
Application Deadline: December 1st.
2. AWS International Scholarship
American Welding Society (AWS) scholarships are awarded every year to full time international students from all over Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America.
The AWS International Scholarship is aimed at undergraduates and graduate studies in accredited science programs.
Eligibility Requirements for AWS
- Qualified candidates must be in their top 20% average of their University’s grading system.
- Applicants must be working towards a bachelor’s degree and also have at least a one year of welding experience.
- Up to $3,000 is awarded to successful applicants, you must also submit a proof of your country’s citizenship outside of the United States.
Contact AWS International Scholarship
8669 NW 36 Street Suite 130
Miami, FL 33166
+1 (305) 443 – 9353
Application Deadline: April 1st
3. Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships
The Aga Khan foundation annually offers an award to quite a number of international scholarships for academically outstanding students.
Eligibility Requirements for Aga Khan Scholarship
- They must be under the age of 30 (thirty) years and from developing countries who have a significant need for financial assistance.
- Applicants must be in pursuit for a Post-Graduate scholarship to a master’s degree or a doctoral degree in the United States.
- Currently, applications are invited from developing countries such as Bangladesh, Afghanistan, India, Kenya, Egypt, Syria, Tanzania, Pakistan, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique.
Contact Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships
1825 K Street NW, #901
Washington, DC 20006
Phone: +1 (202) 293 – 2537
Application Deadline: March 31st
4. Coca-cola Africa Foundation Scholarships
Coca-cola Africa foundation scholarships in partnership with the Zawadi Africa Education Fund annually awards up to $20,000 each to academically gifted young girls of disadvantaged backgrounds in countries like Uganda, Ghana, Kenya and South Africa.
Eligibility Requirements for Coca-cola Africa foundation scholarships
- Applicants must show interest in learning a higher education program in the United States.
- They must have completed the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma.
- Applicants must also be pursuing a 2 – 4 year undergraduate degree program which they are already maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or even higher.
Contact Coca-cola Africa Foundation Scholarships
P.O. Box 1734
Atlanta, GA 30301
Phone: +1 (800) 438 – 2653
Deadline: October 31st
5. Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists Fellowships
The Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists Fellowships are awarded every year to applicants from developing countries such as Africa, Asia, Latin America and the carribeans.
Applicants must be between the ages of 25 (twenty five) and 35 (thirty five) years old and must be interested in spending up to three months in the New York city reporting for the United Nations.
Eligibility Requirements for Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists Fellowships
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a full-time program as a professional journalist in a media organization.
- He/She must be fluent in English Language and should provide representative selection of their works.
Contact: Dan Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists Fellowships
132 East 43rd Street Suite 457
New York, NY 10017
Phone: +1 (917) 577 – 4568
Deadline: March 31st
6. ExxonMobil Middle East and North Africa Scholars Program
The ExxonMobil Middle East and North Africa Scholars Program is aimed at putting citizens of Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and the United Arab Emirates in positions of leading U.S. Universities for graduate studies.
Eligibility Requirements for ExxonMobil Middle East and North Africa Scholars Program
- For eligibility into ExxonMobil Middle East and North Africa Scholars Program, applicants must have a bachelors degree related to engineering or physics.
- He/She must command a native fluency in Arabic and also English language.
- The applicant should posses an exceptional leadership skills as well as a valid passport and most importantly, pass the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Contact ExxonMobil Middle East and North Africa Scholars Program
1800 West Loop South Suite 250
Houston, TX 77027
Phone: +1 (832) 369 – 3472
7. Gwendolen M. Carter/PAS-NU Fellowships
The Northwestern University initiated Gwendolen M. Carter/PAS-NU Fellowships with the objective of providing an annual award of $25,800 to academically gifted graduate students from Africa.
Thereby upholding the basic goal of welcoming a diverse learning community to further the continual objective of growing innovative research programs.
This annual award of $25,800 to extraordinary graduates is aimed at African graduates who wish to study Ethnical doctoral programs.
Eligibility Requirements for Gwendolen M. Carter/PAS-NU Fellowships
- Applicants must have completed from a well recognized post secondary program which is comparable to the U.S. Bachelor’s degree.
- He/She must showcase an exceptional academical performance and must also command fluency in English language.
Contact: Gwendolen M. Carter/PAS-NU Fellowships
633 Clark Street
Evanston, IL 60208
Phone: +1 (847) 491 – 3741
Deadline: January 15th
8. Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
This Scholarship Program is named in honor of a human rights champion, Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program has been granted through the U.S. Department of State for graduate students.
It is aimed at candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, North Africa, East Asia and Central Asia who are interested in furthering leadership skills in public service sectors at host U.S. institutions with a competitive stipend.
Eligibility Requirements for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
- For eligibility into Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, Applicants must have an undergraduate degree, may or may not have any prior experience in the U.S.
- He/She must possess at least five years of full time professional experience and also be fluent in English Language.
Contact Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Phone: +1 (212) 883-8200
Application Deadline: October 1st
9. International Association of Black Actuaries Scholarship
The International Association of Black Actuaries Scholarship program (IABA) is aimed at citizens of Caribbean or African countries who have been admitted to a college in the United States or Canada with a student visa in pursuit of a degree in actuarial science.
The scholarship program boasts of a $3,000 to $5,000 annual award to successful applicants.
Eligibility Requirements for the Black Actuaries Scholarship program
- For eligibility into International Association of Black Actuaries Scholarship (IABA), the applicant must be of an African descent.
- A paid IABA member, should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must possess a SAT math score of at least 600
- Above all, must be genuinely committed to the actuarial career.
Contact International Association of Black Actuaries Scholarship program (IABA)
International Association of Black Actuaries Scholarship
P.O. Box 369
Windsor, CT 06095
Phone: +1 (860) 906-1286
Application Deadline: May 15th
10. Ishe Komborera Africa Scholarship Award
Ishe Komborera Africa Scholarship Award at Schiller International University is awarded to successful applicants to help cover one – quarter of the total tuition cost for students residing within the sub – Saharan region of the African continent.
It was initiated to facilitate the pursuit of post-secondary studies at one of their international campuses.
Eligibility Requirements for Ishe Komborera Africa Scholarship Award
- For eligibility into Ishe Komborera Africa Scholarship Award program, candidates must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a letter of recommendation
- Write a short essay in English explaining qualifications for the funding award.
Contact Ishe Komborera Africa Scholarship Award
8560 Ulmerton Rd.
Largo, FL 33771
Phone: +1 (800) 261-9751
Application Deadline: April 1st
11. James Angelo Memorial Scholarship
This Scholarship program was initiated in memory of a South Sudan refugee was tragically murdered in the line of duty as security personnel at Mercy Hospital.
James Angelo Memorial Scholarship program of $5,000 is awarded annually by the Maine African Partnership for Social justice to African Immigrants graduating from Portland High School.
Eligibility Requirements for James Angelo Memorial Scholarship program
- For eligibility into James Angelo Memorial Scholarship Program, qualified Candidates of African descent must be enrolling full time in an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Applicants must have a major in criminal justice to make positive social changes within Maine’s African Community.
Contact James Angelo Memorial Scholarship
P.O. Box 16
Peaks Island, ME 04108
Phone: +1 (207) 741-5957
Application Deadline: May 1st
12. John Haines African Student Scholarship
The John Haines African scholarship is made possible, in honor of an accomplished ophthalmologist who was originally from Gabon.
A $5,000 worth of scholarship fund is awarded to full time students from different countries of the African continent, who are enrolled in a full time undergraduate or graduate degree program.
The office of international affairs at the university of Oregon is in charge of the John Haines Scholarship program.
Eligibility Requirements for John Haines African Student Scholarship
- For eligibility into The John Haines African scholarship program, applicants must have an F-1 or J-1 visa with a non-immigrant status.
- Applicants should also have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0
- Candidate must already have a financial need tendency.
- He/She should also submit at least one recommendation from a UO faculty member.
Contact John Haines African Student Scholarship
5209 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403
Phone: +1 (541) 346-3206
Application Deadline: January 15th
13. Josephine de Karman Fellowship
This scholarship program is made possible by the world famous aeronautic expert, Dr Theodore Von Karman.
In memory of his sister, the Josephine de Karman Fellowship is structured to make available $14,000 to undergraduate students and $22,000 to graduate students.
This is intended to help finance international students from around the world who are currently in a university located in the United States.
Eligibility requirements for Josephine de Karman Fellowship
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in the humanities.
- Be entering their senior or final year of studies
- Applicants must not have U.S. citizenship
- Applicants must submit an outstanding letter of recommendation.
Contact Josephine de Karman Fellowship
P.O. Box 3389
San Dimas, CA 91773
Phone:+1 (909) 592-0607
14. Makiguchi Scholarship for Global Citizens
Every year at Soka University, the Makiguchi Scholarship for Global Citizens is awarded to the most outstanding and academically gifted international student who have graduated from high school in any African nation.
The successful applicant must have demonstrated financial need for assistance of sponsorship to enroll full time into the liberal/general studies bachelor’s degree program.
This scholarship program is aimed over a four years period, the scholarship award will cover costs of tuition, academic fees, room and board.
Eligibility for the Makiguchi Scholarship for Global Citizens
- Applicants must exhibit an outstanding academic performance
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Applicants must also maintain a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 or better
Contact Makiguchi Scholarship for Global Citizens
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Phone: +1 (949) 480-4000
Application Deadline: January 31st
15. Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Grant
This scholarship is sponsored by the world Bank family network (WBFN). The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Grant is said to provide successful female applicants with up to $15,000 every year.
This scholarship program is targeted at women from developing countries such as Africa, Latin America, South America, Asia and the Middle East who are currently enrolled at any accredited institution in the United States or Canada.
Eligible requirements for Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Grant
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Exhibit exceptional academic performance.
- And also have plans to return back to the their home countries to work and help in the advancement of the the women lives as well as children
Contact Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Grant
1818 H Street NW
Washington, DC 20433
Phone: +1 (202) 473-8751
Application Deadline: January 15th
16. MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a $500 million global education initiative targeted at providing opportunities for your adults from all over Africa to study at any accredited institution in the United States and Canada.
This scholarship program is aimed at recognizing growing areas of the economy such as agriculture, banking, telecommunications and manufacturing sectors.
Eligibility requirements for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
- Applicants must be a national citizen in the Sub-Saharan region of Africa.
- Posses academical qualifications for post secondary studies.
- Above all, the commitment to give back to their home country.
Contact MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
2 St. Clair Ave. East, Suite 301
Toronto, ON M4T 2T5
Phone: +1 (647) 837-5787
Application Deadline: February 1st
17. Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship
Michigan State university is offering the Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship of $1,000 every year to atleast two students from Africa with a temporal visa who are enrolled full time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at MSU.
This scholarship is provided with the aim of making a contribution to the development of the successful applicant’s home country.
Eligibility requirements for Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship
- Applicants must submit two letter of recommendations.
- Applicants should also provide a three page narrative letter describing their educational goals, expected cost and long term benefits to their home countries.
Contact Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship
427 North Shaw Lane
East Lansing, MI 48824
Phone: (517) 353-1720
Application Deadline: July 15th
18. Olaniyan Scholars Program
The Olaniyan Scholars Program is a highly selective scholarship program that covers full in-state tuition with an additional $2,000 annual funds for up to 4 years of undergraduate studies.
This scholarship program is made available at the Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis for students particularly of African descent.
Successful Applicants in the program will enroll in the African American and African Diaspora Studies (AAADS) program. They will also engage in research work with faculty mentors to study African people from around the world amd and even receive the opportunity to join community internships.
Contact Olaniyan Scholars Program
425 University Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone/ (317) 274-5516
Application Deadline: January 30th
19. Pastors for Africa Scholarship
Every year, the Pastors for Africa Scholarship is awarded to provide full tuition and monetary assistance to an exceptional African international student at the Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary.
The successful applicant will be pursuing a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree full-time at the seminary in South Hamilton, Boston, Charlotte or Jacksonville
Eligibility Requirements for the Pastors for Africa Scholarship
- Applicants must have been born in and currently reside in Africa.
- Applicants must be studying on an F-1 visa
- The applicant must be committed to returning to Africa after graduation to spread the Gospel for spiritual growth.
Contact Pastors for Africa Scholarship
130 Essex Street
South Hamilton, MA 01982
Phone: +1 (978) 468-7111
Application Deadline: December 5th
20. PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund
The PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund was first established in the year 1949, this program is targeted at providing a grant of up to $10,000 every year to qualified women from developing countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia who wish to pursue graduate studies in the United States of Canada.
Eligibility Requirements for PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund
Candidates must be eligible for full-time admissions into an accredited graduate school.
She must have atleast one full year of courses remaining for a master’s or doctoral degree.
The Applicant must not have a permanent residence in North America.
Contact PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund
3700 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312
Phone: +1 (515) 255-3153
Application Deadline: December 15th
21. Ruby Newhall Memorial Scholarship
The Ruby Newhall Memorial Scholarship is currently available to African students with monetary value of up to $1,500, through the Pilot International Foundation.
This scholarship program is aimed at those who are pursuing a degree in the U.S. or Canada with a major in agriculture, business administration, computer science, education, social services, livestock industry, political science, psychology, public health, religion, home economics, or journalism.
Eligibility Requirements for Ruby Newhall Memorial Scholarship
- Candidates must be enrolled full-time.
- He She must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Applicants must be at least a second-semester freshmen
- Above all, must be planing to return to their country within six months of graduation.
Contact Ruby Newhall Memorial Scholarship
102 Preston Court
Macon, GA 31210
Phone: +1 (478) 477-1208
Application Deadline: March 15th
22. Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program
Annually, the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program welcomes up to eight African Students from Sub-Saharan countries with a scholarship of up to $145,000.
This scholarship fund is set to pay all tuition costs and associated academical fees aimed at achieving a Master of Business Administration(MBA) from the Prestigious Stanford Graduate School.
Eligibility Requirements for the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program
- Applicants must exhibit a monetary need for such scholarship.
- Applicants must already be maintaining a good academical standing.
- He/She must be committed to returning to Africa to work for at least two years in a full time professional role aimed at contributing to theie home country’s economic growth.
Contact Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program
655 Knight Way
Stanford, CA 94305
Phone: +1 (650) 723-2146
Application Deadline: June 13th
23. The Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders
The The Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders is a very competitive scholarship program currently available for the upcoming generation of Africans within the ages of 25 years and 35 years of age.
This Scholarship initiative is administered through the U.S. Department of States and targeted at individuals who have a strong commitment for building their home counties.
Successful applicants will recieve a valuable opportunity to engage in six weeks of intensive executive leadership training, networking and skills building at accredited U.S. Universities.
Contact The Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders
1275 K Street NW Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005
Phone: +1 (202) 628-8188
Application deadline: January 27th
24. The NextGen Scholarship Fund
This Scholarship is structured to award successful and deserving applicants (both international students and non-citizens) with a monetary value of up to $1,000.
It is a yearly scholarship sponsored by P.E.R.K. Consulting with the objective of assisting applicants who are coming to the United States with the dream of achieving higher education to help create a better life.
Eligibility Requirements for The NextGen Scholarship Fund
- Applicants must be enrolled in a two or four year college program.
- He/she must show a monetary need or lack of finance in their home countries
- Applicants must be reciding within the Washington DC tri-state area and possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Contact The NextGen Scholarship Fund
4800 Hampden Lane Suite 200
Bethesda, MD 20814
Phone: +1 (202) 643-7791
Application Deadline: June 6th
25. United States Scholarship to Africa
The United States Scholarship to Africa is an initiative established by the Union of Africans which provides an annual scholarship value of up to $4,000 to assist undergraduate and Post-Graduate students above the age of 18 (eighteen) years.
It is set to help applicants from the African continent to acquire knowledge in higher learning institutions in the United States.
Eligibility Requirements of the United States Scholarship to Africa
- Applicants must exhibit the determination for intellectual pursuit.
- Applicants must have a sound academic background.
- He/She must show potentials to contributing to the development of their home countries.
Contact United States Scholarship to Africa
143 Varik Street
New York, NY
Phone: +1 (360) 363-1468
Application deadline: November 30th
26. Pullman Scholarship
The George M. Pullman Educational Foundation of up to $10,000 worth of scholarship opportunity is targeted at ensuring that academically gifted and exceptionally promising students with monetary needs cam earn a college degree without going into any form of student debt.
The Pullman Foundation Scholarships has revealed to the general public that hard work and passion in pursuit of one’s objective can grant him/her a worthy scholarship.
This scholarship is simply focused on rewarding students with the ability to overcome life’s challenges and still become relevant individuals im their society
Scholarships for African students is not as hard as people say it is. Infact, Africans are ranked as one of the tops in the US workforce.
This shows that there are quite a number of scholarship programs being made available to them. Do not relent in your ambition to study abroad, this blog can boast of over 10,000 Africans and still counting, that gains admission into Universities in the United States through our articles.
If we have provided value in any way, kindly drop a comment to encourage us to do better.
Don’t forget to click on any of the social media icons below to share our articles with friends and families that may need this information.
See what others are reading :