Applications are being accepted for the 2022: Exercise, Cognition, And Healthy Aging Scholarship – University Of The Sunshine Coast, Australia. This program is only open to domestic students.
The scholarship allows for PhD level programs in Cognitive Science, Exercise Sciences, and Healthy Aging at the University of the Sunshine Coast. Candidates who are interested in the scholarship should apply by the deadline. The application deadline has been extended until the position is filled.
- HOST: University Of The Sunshine Coast
- LOCATION: Australia
- OFFERED SUBJECT: Cognitive Science, Exercise Sciences, Healthy Ageing
- LEVEL: PhD
- ELIGIBLE NATIONALITY: Domestic Students
- TYPE: Partial Funding
- The University of the Sunshine Coast offers courses in Cognitive Science, Exercise Sciences, and Healthy Aging, all of which are open for applications.
- Over the course of one year, a number of physiological factors, such as body composition, blood biomarkers, muscle strength, and cognitive performance, will be monitored as part of an investigation into the relationship between muscle mass and the preservation of brain health in older adults. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop a broad research skill set in exercise physiology, exercise biochemistry, and applied neuroscience, and will participate in participant recruitment, testing, and training of older individuals as part of a clinical exercise intervention. In addition, the successful applicant will play a role in the clinical exercise intervention.
- The applicant who is ultimately chosen will receive a grant in the amount of $28,597 per year, tax-free which will be increased annually for the duration of his or her PhD studies at USC.
- Admission to the USC PhD Program has been approved for a domestic applicant.
- Bachelor’s Degree with First Class Honours or equivalent previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, or other research experience are required.
- Not having a PhD
- You must not have previously held a Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the current scholarship’s start date.
- To undertake an HDR, you must not be the recipient of an equivalent award, scholarship, or salary that provides a benefit greater than 75 percent of the Research Training Program rate. Income unrelated to the course of study is not to be considered.
- Throughout the PhD program, satisfactory progress must be maintained.
Criteria for selection
- Minimum academic qualifications for PhD program admission as outlined in the USC HDR Candidature – Procedures.
- Has or will have an Honours or Research Masters degree in an allied health field, such as Exercise Physiology, Exercise and Sports Science, Physiotherapy, Biomedical Science, or Nursing (or equivalent) by mid-2020.
- Experience in relevant research and publications (very highly desirable)
- Is eager to learn dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) and phlebotomy.
- Is a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic and a desire to learn.
- Has exceptional communication abilities
- Has demonstrated the ability to work independently as well as in a team. Has excellent attention to detail and the ability to think laterally.
- Has demonstrated organizational ability and good record-keeping skills.
- Has a desire to work with the elderly population
- Laboratory skills are preferred but not required.
How To Apply:
- Fill out the scholarship application:
- Fill out the HDR Scholarship Application and respond to the Selection Criteria.
- Please include any additional documentation that demonstrates your research skills and experience.
- Send your application to the Graduate Research School at [email protected]
- The Applying for an HDR Scholarship page has more information on the scholarship application process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and the preferred applicant will be given information on how to apply for admission to the HDR program.
Click the link below to access the official Scholarship website
See What Others Are Reading: