The University of Bonn Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Fellowship Program for African Students is a one-of-a-kind initiative designed to provide African students with an intensive learning experience in sustainable development, social entrepreneurship, and innovation.
The fellowship seeks to equip future African leaders with the skills and knowledge required to address the continent’s most pressing challenges while promoting sustainable solutions, environmental stewardship, and poverty reduction.
The program aims to foster a community of change-makers who can drive sustainable development in Africa, and by extension, the world. Through this fellowship, the University of Bonn is bridging the gap between academic excellence and real-world impact by bringing together exceptional African students and some of the best minds in sustainable development.
Must read: Complete List of All Universities in UK that Accept WASSCE (WAEC) Results
Brief Description on SDG Fellowship Program
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organization: University of Bonn
- Country: Germany
- School to study: University of Bonn
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
See Also: The Total Educational Cost to Study in Canada | Complete Student Guide
About the University of Bonn
The University of Bonn is one of eleven German Universities of Excellence, the only university with six Clusters of Excellence, and we have produced more Nobel Prize winners and Fields Medalists in recent years than any other German university. Our University has been developed for 200 years by notable individuals from a variety of fields.
The University is renowned for research-driven study programs, Bonn’s international appeal as Germany’s United Nations metropolis, and our location at the center of the livable Rhineland’s dynamic science zone. They are one of the biggest conventional research institutions in Germany with over 35,000 students, 6,000 doctorate candidates, 550 professors, and 6,000 staff members.
Also Check: How to Study Abroad for Free (Secret Blueprint No one will tell you)
Some of the significant benefits of the SDG Fellowship Program at the University of Bonn are:
- Travel compensation (depending on country of origin)
- A monthly scholarship of €3,000 (plus up to €300 for a spouse and €250 for each child) is available.
- a monthly grant of up to €500 for research costs.
The scholarship does not cover insurance coverage.
The eligibility requirement to achieve the SDG Fellowship Program at the University of Bonn are listed below:
- International postdoctoral researchers were invited by a University of Bonn professor to conduct a cooperative research study.
- In addition to demonstrating demonstrated skill in a research topic from the range of the SDGs, the fellow should have a long-term association (research or teach) at a university or research institute in the aforementioned locations.
Documents Required for Application
The document required for the SDG Fellowship Program at the University of Bonn are:
- Online form
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on during the fellow’s stay in Bonn; please write your proposal for a multidisciplinary audience
- Reasons for the fellow’s invitation and a description of his or her contribution to research and teaching at the University of Bonn, an outline of the activities through which the fellow will enrich university life at the University of Bonn during his or her stay there
- An overview of the collaboration between the applicant and the fellow so far
- An outline of the integration of the fellow into the host institute (place of work, participation in teaching and research activities)
- An outline of follow-on value: (a) plan for the outcome of the stay, (b) plan for growing the collaboration in the future.
- Fellow’s CV (PDF)
- A financing plan (please use the following Excel file, download here)
How to apply
Are you interested and qualified? To apply, visit the University of Bonn on www.uni-bonn.de
The Application deadline for the SDG Fellowship Program at the University of Bonn is the May 3, 202
All interested candidates are expected to have submitted their applications on or before this date. We highly advise to submit as soon as possible.
Don’t skip: Easy Guide to Become a Permanent Resident of Canada
The University of Bonn SDG Fellowship Program is an exceptional initiative that showcases the University’s commitment to sustainable development in Africa.
By providing talented African students with top-level education, hands-on experience, and networking opportunities in sustainability, the program aims to equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge to contribute meaningfully to their home countries’ development goals.
It is a significant step towards building a more just, equitable, and sustainable world, and we can only hope that other institutions will follow suit.
For anyone who wishes to make a practical and positive difference in Africa’s development journey, this program is certainly a worthwhile opportunity to explore.
Consider reading: Top 7 Tips for Students to Write a Great Scholarship Application
Click the button below to Gain Access to our Members’ Exclusive Group, before it fills up again.
Gain Access Now!
See What Others Are Reading:
- 10 Signs Your Relationship Is Slowly Dying
- 5 Easy Ways to Make Your Boyfriend Go Crazy Over You
- 30 International Students Scholarships to Study in Portugal