Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between A*STAR, NTU, NUS, SUTD, and SMU (SMU).
With the help of SINGA, you can further your research career by earning a doctorate degree in Singapore.
The international students that SINGA welcomes help create a thriving research community with a wide range of perspectives. You will be a part of a diverse team conducting cutting-edge research with eminent scientists from around the globe.
- Host: Singapore
- Location: Nanyang Technological University Singapore, National University of Singapore, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore Management University
- Offered Subjects: All Subjects
- Level: PhD
- Eligible nationality: International Students, Domestic Students
- Type: Partial Funding, Full tuition fee
- Dead line: 12/01/2022
Singapore is one of the studying destinations, that never gets boring with its both seaside and skyscraper views. The city is home to 5.6 million residents of which a large portions are foriegn students. Singapore is a cosmopolitan dream and a home to international students. Singapore offers world-class education with professional experience.
Singapore education system is divided into three subject areas. Institutes of Education—There is only one institute of education, the Institute of Technical Education – polytechnics that provide specialised education, as well as other institutes such as arts academies. Singapore has private and public schools and international branches of other insititutes as well. It follows European pattern for study timings; an undergraduate programme normally takes three to four years to complete. While special programmes, like medicine or engineering normally take four years.
The postgraduate degree generally takes two years to complete, however some postgraduate programmes, such a teaching certificate, can be finished in one year. A doctoral programme takes two to five years to finish.
As a main hub for science, finance, and technology, Singapore has placed a strong emphasis on STEM subjects.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU) (SMU).
PhD training will be conducted in English at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU. In these labs, students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Up to four years of funding for doctoral studies are included in the prize, which can be used for things like:
Cost of instruction
Allowance of S$2,200 per month, which will be raised to S$2,700 per month upon successful completion of the Qualifying Examination
Grant for one-time travel expenses of up to S$1,500
One-time relocation allowance in the amount of S$1,000
Applications are invited from all recent graduates around the world who have a strong interest in research and exceptional academic results.
Excellent written and oral command of the English language Excellent recommendations from previous instructors
The eligibility requirements listed above do not cover everything.
There is a possibility that A*STAR will implement additional selection criteria based on the policies currently in place regarding scholarships. These guidelines may be updated at any moment and without prior notice if necessary.
How To Apply:
1. Look through the doctoral research projects.
Visit the Research Areas to go through the projects that might be of interest to you.
2. Documents Required
Before you submit your application, make sure you have the necessary documents ready.
Please take note that you are NOT permitted to send any hard copies of papers to the SINGA office. It is required that all of the essential paperwork be submitted electronically.
- A current and valid passport. b. A recent photo that is passport-sized (in .jpeg or .png format)
3.Transcripts & Reports
EVERY single transcript needs to have an English translation. This is a requirement.
academic transcripts from either a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree programme.
certificate(s) or scroll(s) indicating completion of the requirements for a Bachelor’s Degree, or a letter from the institution certifying that you are eligible for the degree if the degree certificate or scroll has not yet been bestowed.
2 recommended reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
Optional results from the GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, and SAT I and II, as well as the GATE. Be aware, however, that in order to fulfil the requirements for university admission, the university might ask you to provide proof that you have earned sufficient grades.
Kindly take the time to read the critical information that follows.
- Before you log in for the first time, please check that the information you provided during the account registration process in the application portal is correct, as this information will be utilised for verification purposes.
- After you have logged in to the application portal, you need to make sure that you apply for the appropriate scholarship by selecting “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” from the drop-down menu.
- If you need to ship anything to the SINGA Office, please DO NOT send any hard copies.
- Please remember to send in your applications as soon as you possibly can. Because applications will only be considered for processing if they include two separate recommendation reports, this will give your references plenty of time to complete and submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline.
- Before you submit the application, please double check and verify that all of the information that you have entered into the online application form is complete and accurate. After the application has been submitted, changes cannot be made to it under any circumstances.
Click the link below to Apply
See what others are reading;