The Southampton ECS Commonwealth Scholarships are dedicated to ensuring that they are available to students of true ability, regardless of their background or financial situation. Southampton Electronics and Computer Science (ECS) Commonwealth Scholarships are available to international students at the University of Southampton.
This Scholarships is open to new international students from Commonwealth nations. The program strives to demonstrate their dedication to fostering greater inclusion in their ECS community and expanding access for internationally qualified students to study in the United Kingdom.
- University or Organization: University of Southampton
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and postgraduate master‡s degrees
- Award: £3,000
- Number of Awards: 20
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
About the Southampton University
Southampton University offers a diverse selection of degrees and courses for undergraduate and master’s level study with worldwide implications. It is a premier institution with a good reputation, ranked among the top 15 public universities in the United Kingdom.
Why choose to study at Southampton University ?
Southampton is a global leader in research and higher education in the United Kingdom and is renowned for its unique learning method in which students achieve extraordinary results. It is ranked among the world’s top 100 universities.
Successful candidates will get a £3,000 tuition fee discount grant. If the award amount exceeds the cost of tuition, all tuition payments will be covered. There will be no new cash for students.
There are 20 offered scholarships: 10 for undergraduates and 10 for graduate students.
- Eligible Countries:Applications are accepted from Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji Islands, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Electronics and computer science bachelor’s degrees and master’s degrees are eligible.
- Eligibility Requirements: Students must have an offer to study, pay the foreign tuition cost, and pay their own tuition fees to be eligible for a scholarship.
- By obtaining a scholarship, students commit to represent the University of Southampton well and engage in promotional events and activities.
- To get a scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all requirements of their offer and enroll as a full-time student by the beginning date.
How to apply
- How to Apply: From October 24, 2022, people can send in their applications. The university will then add a link to the application form to the page where you fill out your application.
- As part of their application, students will have to answer four questions about how their studies at Southampton can help achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Which of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals are related to the course you plan to take, and why? (Each goal can have up to 100 words).
- Explain how the studies and research you plan to do will help achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (250 words maximum word count).
- They want scholars who will use their time at Southampton to do great things and make the world a better place for everyone.Tell us about your plans for the future and how the course you chose at Southampton will help you reach those goals (200 words maximum word count).
- How could you represent the University as a Southampton ECS Commonwealth scholar? (200 words is the most you can use)
- Documents to Back It Up: Show proof of where you live and your qualifications when you sign up. At the time of admission, the candidate must bring all of the documents that were listed on the online application.
- Admission Requirements: Different programs have different requirements for getting in (Undergraduate and Postgraduate).
- Language Requirement: Depending on your education and country of origin, you may need to show proof that you know how to speak and write in English to be able to study at the university as an undergraduate or graduate student.
Undergraduates have until 21 February 2023 at 5 pm (UK time) to apply, while postgraduates have until 14 April 2023 at 5 pm (UK time) to apply.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: