The purpose of the Swansea University Shelter Scholarship is to provide equitable opportunities in higher education to those who are seeking sanctuary in the United Kingdom and to assist these individuals in realizing their full potential and achieving their ambitions.
It is with great pleasure that the Swansea University announce the Sanctuary Scholarship for 2022. People who are seeking asylum in the UK will be provided with equal opportunity to pursue higher education at this university, which will assist these individuals in realizing their full potential and achieving their goals.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swansea University, UK
- Host Institution(s): Swansea University, UK
- Scholarship Worth: Full tuition cover + other benefits
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: International Students
See Also: Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship – Undergraduate
About the University
Swansea University is a public research institution that can be found in Swansea, which is in the country of Wales in the United Kingdom. In 1920, the institution was given its current name of University College of Swansea and became the University of Wales’ fourth college overall.
As a result of organizational shifts within the University of Wales, the name of the institution was officially changed to the University of Wales Swansea in the year 1996.
However, Swansea University didn’t get its name until September 1, 2007, when the University of Wales transitioned to a non-membership confederal organization and its former members became universities in their own right. Prior to that date, Swansea College was known as Swansea College.
The eight colleges of Swansea University are dispersed throughout the university’s two campuses, both of which are situated on Swansea Bay’s shoreline. The Singleton Park Campus can be found to the west of the Swansea city center amid the beautiful parkland that is Singleton Park.
In addition, the 450 million pound Bay Campus, which opened in September 2015, is located near to Jersey Marine Beach to the east of Swansea city center, which is in the Neath Port Talbot Area. This region is known as the Neath Port Talbot Area.
According to the number of students enrolled there, Swansea University is the third largest university in all of Wales. There are approximately 20,375 students enrolled in the university’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Currently, the university provides approximately 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses.
The university has 61 different research centers, making it a research-intensive institution. According to the Research Excellence Framework from 2014, Swansea University was ranked 26th in the United Kingdom for its quality of research.
The work of over 400 faculty and staff members from 18 different departments was evaluated at Swansea University. Across all fields of study, one-third of research is currently classified as world-leading, and ninety percent is regarded as internationally excellent.
The research conducted at this university was ranked 22nd in the UK for its ability to make a significant contribution to the resolution of global problems. In addition, for every million pounds sterling that the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales contributed to the research grant, Swansea University was able to raise an additional two and a half million pounds sterling from other organizations.
The Athena SWAN Bronze award was given to Swansea University for its work in promoting the academic and professional success of women in the fields of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine.
Academics from the university working in the fields of computational fluid dynamics and aerodynamic design are contributing to the Bloodhound Supersonic Car’s attempt to break the land-speed world record in October 2016, which will take place in Hakskeenpan, South Africa.
In addition to this, Swansea University played a significant role in the successful land-speed record attempt made by Thrust SSC, which is currently the holder of the world record for land speed.
- The Sanctuary Scholarship at Swansea University covers a full tuition fee scholarship for postgraduate taught master’s course fees.
- Additional funding will be provided to assist with course-related expenditures such as transportation to and from Swansea University, sustenance, digital equipment, and books.
You May Also Like: Universita Cattolica International Scholarships in Italy for Masters in 2022/2023
Future Learn provides a free online course to assist asylum seekers with the admission procedure for a university in the United Kingdom. Each applicant must submit an application by 4 p.m. on Thursday, June 30, 2022. Please read the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship 2022 Application Guidance Notes before you complete your application.
To apply, please fill out and submit the following forms to [email protected]:
- Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship 2022 Application Form
- A statement of purpose.
- a copy of the letter of acceptance from Swansea University.
- A letter of recommendation from a credible source who is familiar with your situation and can attest to your suitability for pursuing a Postgraduate Taught Master’s degree (for example a teacher or former teacher, a member of a community group or organization that has been supporting you, etc).
- Evidence of your current or pending immigration status*
For more information,kindly visit Swansea University’s website.
The Application Deadline for the Scholarship is June 30, 2022.
See What Others Are Reading:
- Scholarships in Australia: University of South Australia International 2022/2023
- PhD Scholarship at Copenhagen Business School on the Value of Financial Advice in Denmark 2022/2023
- Bournemouth University Sports Scholarships in the UK for 2022/2023