High-quality international and domestic candidates are given Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships (TGRS) throughout the year.
- Deadline: October 10, 2022
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution: University of Tasmania
- Location: Australia
The University of Tasmania offers a limited number of Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships to deserving students in all areas of study.
Scholarship from the University of Tasmania will give:
- compensation: Annual salary of AU$28,597. The 1st of January marks the beginning of the indexing year.
- Allowance for relocation: Allowances of up to AUD $2,000 are available from the Tasmanian Graduate Research Scholarships (TGRS) to assist with the costs of moving to Tasmania to pursue a higher degree through research.
- Other allowances: Minor awards, allowances, or other earnings may be available to award recipients in addition to the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship, including income from part-time work completed within the limitations established by the university.
In order to be eligible for the University of Tasmania Scholarship, a candidate must meet all of the following criteria:
- Language Required : English
- Countries Eligible : All world countries
- At least four years of post-secondary study and an upper second class Honours degree or equivalent are required for successful applicants.
- Candidates for full-time research Master’s or Doctoral degrees are exclusively eligible for these grants.
- To be eligible for this program, applicants cannot already be receiving an award, scholarship, or salary of an equivalent value (if that income is greater than seventy-five per cent of the base RTP stipend rate).
- Non-research-related income (e.g. employment income) or income received for the candidate’s Higher Degree by Research but not for ordinary living expenditures should not be taken into account.
- To be considered in the selection process, candidates must hold a degree equivalent to or greater than that of the proposed candidacy, and/or have held a Postgraduate Research Award financed by the Australian Government or a university for a period of time exceeding six (6) months.
How To Apply
- Applicants should complete an application in conjunction with their supervisory team. Please indicate on the application if you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
- Future candidates should review the scholarship information above and then visit our Apply Now page for further instructions. Applications for scholarships will be reviewed and ranked on a competitive basis.
See What Others Are Reading: