The President’s Entrance Scholarship is given to secondary school graduates who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership qualities, original thought, and creative ability.
- Type: College School
- Organisation: Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU)
- Country to study: Canada
- School to study: Toronto Metropolitan University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
About the Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU)
The history of Toronto Metropolitan University is rooted in innovative, career-focused education with the goal of addressing contemporary societal needs. Originally named after Egerton Ryerson, Ontario’s first Superintendent of Education and a leading public school advocate, Toronto Metropolitan University is a postsecondary institute that for the first time combines technical education with academic theory.
Twelve (12) recipients | $40,000 (total value) | $10,000 (annual amount) (renewable)
Recipients are assigned (at no cost) a bed in the residence. Pitman Hall single bedrooms with shared hallway bathrooms or International Living/Learning single bedrooms with private bathrooms are available. For more information on living on campus, please visit the Housing and Residence Life website.
- A final admission average of at least 90% is required for consideration. The average of an applicant is calculated using their best six Grade 12 U/M courses, or the equivalent in their home country.
- Be currently enrolled in full-time secondary school studies (i.e., at least three Ontario Grade 12 U/M courses, or Canadian provincial/international equivalents, during the regular secondary school year 2022-2023).
- Have been enrolled in full-time secondary school studies for the past two years (no gaps in full-time attendance prior to the 2022-2023 regular school year).
- For the first time, enroll in a postsecondary institution.
- Apply to a full-time, four-year undergraduate program.
Documents Required for Application
This application will ask that you include the following:
- An essay or project summary: this may be a piece of creative writing, or a summary of any creative project which you may have undertaken. It must reflect your capacity for original thought and creative ability (max 500 words).
- Two (2) letters of reference:
- academic reference letter that confirms your scholastic abilities. This reference may also speak to your leadership/creative endeavours.
- reference letter should address your leadership/creative endeavours. It should not verify academic achievement.
- Your leadership activities: you will indicate the leadership activities/positions that you have been involved in during your final two years in secondary school.
How to apply
For more details, visit Toronto Metropolitan University website.
February 1, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: