University of Exeter 2023 Business School MRes + PhD Scholarships in Economics for Black British Researchers, UK
The University of Exeter Business School educates researchers of international calibre who will influence how we comprehend and respond to the most significant societal challenges.
We offer Black British researchers a two-year MRes in addition to a three-year doctoral fellowship. We welcome applications from applicants for UK home fee status who identify as Black (Black or Black British African, Black or Black British Caribbean, Black or Black British other or Mixed Black or Black British)
You may apply if the following conditions are met:
- belong to one of the following ethnic groups:
- African Caribbean
- Black Different
- Mixed – Black and White Caribbean
- Mixed – White and African Black
Other mixed heritage (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- you are a candidate for full-time MRes-PhD study, and
- you are a student in the United Kingdom with “Home” tuition fee status.
We have a very generous funding programme for the most exceptional students who wish to earn a PhD in economics. Successful applicants are initially awarded funding to complete one of the University of Exeter Business School’s Research Masters (MRes) programmes, which provide a rigorous foundation in the skills required to conduct high-quality research. Students who meet the PhD entry requirements will receive funding for full-time study in one of the PhD programmes offered by the University of Exeter Business School.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organisation: University of Exeter
- Country to study: United Kingdom
- School to study: University of Exeter
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
See Also: University of Melbourne 2023 Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship, Australia
About the University of Exeter
The University of Exeter, with campuses in Exeter and Cornwall in the South West of England, combines top-notch research with outstanding student happiness.
We are one of the select few universities with both a Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Gold award and membership in the Russell Group, demonstrating our well-established international reputation for distinction in both teaching and research.
Our success is based on a solid connection with our students and a distinct commitment to excellence.
Also Check: University of Edinburgh 2023 The Catto Combined MSc and PhD Scholarships, Centre of African Studies
Yearly total (i.e., compensation + stipend): £21,789.60
- Tuition in full at the British rate
- Compensation for 180 hours of instruction: approximately £3,238.10 (rate for 2022/23, subject to tax and national insurance)
- Yearly stipend: £18551.40 (2022/23 rate)
Students are also eligible for funding to support their participation in research, development, and conferences.
The award stipulates that recipients serve as teaching or research assistants for 23 days (180 hours) per year. This is an important element of your education and will guarantee that you graduate from the Business School as a capable researcher and educator. The Program is only offered full-time, and students are required to reside in Exeter.
Students on the Economics track earn a two-year MRes in economics, which prepares them for a PhD in a field that requires a solid foundation in econometrics (e.g., economics). Choices on PhD subject and supervision will be made around the conclusion of the MRes, allowing students ample opportunity to study a variety of themes and become acquainted with professors.
You require an undergraduate degree in a suitable discipline.
How to apply
Are you interested and qualified? To apply, visit the University of Exeter on srs.exeter.ac.uk
Please read the application requirements carefully before submitting your application. Click the “Apply Now” button above to apply.
You must complete the application form and attach the required documentation by midnight on Friday, March 31, 2023.
Throughout the application process, you will be required to upload multiple documents. Please note that our recommended format is PDF, with each item named with your last name and the document’s name, for example “Smith – CV.pdf”, “Smith – Cover Letter.pdf”, and “Smith – Transcript.pdf”.
Remember that your application will not be reviewed if you do not upload all of the required papers in the prescribed format; please do not upload any more documents as they will not be reviewed.
- A maximum of 750 words outlining
- why you are applying for the scholarship,
- why you are a qualified candidate, and
- your expectations for the MRes + PhD in your selected track.
- 2. A curriculum vitae of no more than two pages
- 3. The authentic transcript or certified copy of all previous university grades
- Two academic recommendation letters (one must be from your most recent institution)
- 5. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Cambridge score report, if applicable (if required).
March 31, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- TWAS-SN Bose 2023 Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- International Ambassador Scholarship for International Students at UWL 2023
- Boston University 2022 Trustee Scholarship for Undergraduate Students