The purpose of this new programme is to assist the brightest students from around the globe in enrolling at one of the world’s premier francophone research universities. These international students will contribute to the fulfilment of our educational mission by enhancing the cultural diversity of the Université de Montréal community.
The exemption scholarship programme at UdeM is intended to support international university candidates. Beginning in the fall of 2020, they may be exempt from the normal tuition fees charged to international students. Scholarships will continue to be awarded for the winter 2023, summer 2023, fall 2023, and winter 2024 sessions.
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: University of Montreal
- Country to study: Canada
- School to study: University of Montreal
- Course to study: View course
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 1, 2023
See Also: University of Melbourne 2023 Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship, Australia
About the University of Montreal
The University of Montreal, also referred to as UdeM, is a public research university in the Canadian province of Québec. In 1878, the University was established with three faculties: theology, law, and medicine. Originally located in Montreal’s Quartier Latin, the University of Montreal relocated to Mount Royal in 1942. In 1967, it was designated as a secular establishment.
- Level A: $12,951.76 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $6,475.88 per session (15 credits) or $431.73 per credit
- Level B: $6,172.60 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $3,086.30 per session (15 credits) or $205.75 per credit
- Level C: $2,159.15 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $1,079.57 per session (15 credits) or $71.97 per credit
Also Check: DST Scholarship for Continuing Students at Flinders University 2023
- Students must be international.
- You must possess a valid study permit and neither be a Canadian permanent resident nor a Canadian citizen.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a programme of study throughout their Université de Montréal studies.
- National Identity Card or Passport
- Official academic transcripts
- Updated CV
- One or more letters of recommendation
- One Motivation Letter for Scholarship
- English Language Proficiency
How to apply
- Explore “Compass,” an interactive checklist that guides you through the admissions application process, to get your application and admissions process off to a good start. Before filling out the application form, be sure to observe the application deadlines and review the admissions requirements for the desired study programmes.
- Follow-up on your file and obtain an admissions offer: A few days after submitting your application for admission, you will receive your “Student Centre” access codes. This is the platform where you will be able to track your application and receive your acceptance letter.
- Accept the admission offer to initiate the evaluation: There is no requirement to apply for an UdeM Exemption Scholarship. Evaluating the files of new candidates in order to determine their eligibility and the value of their exemption scholarship.
- Receive the award notice with the following amount: The Université de Montréal will promptly notify you via email of the amount of the scholarship to which you are entitled upon receipt of your admissions offer. Print and store this document in a secure location. It will be useful as a reference in the future.
For more details visit: University of Montreal website
September 1, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- NT Health Scholarship at Flinders University 2023
- International Ambassador Scholarship for International Students at UWL 2023
- Boston University 2022 Trustee Scholarship for Undergraduate Students