This scholarship program aims to encourage excellent students who wish to pursue doctoral and master’s degrees in Philosophy at the University of Wollongong.
Actions are more persuasive than words. You should thus seize the opportunity to apply for the International Postgraduate Tuition Awards (IPTA) program at UOW and begin to build a prosperous future.
- University or Organization: University of Wollongong
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral degree and Masters of Philosophy
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
About the University of Wollongong
The University of Wollongong is a public research university with an excellent academic reputation around the world. It functions with five faculties. The institution provides 44 internationally certified degrees in over 10 industry fields.
Why study at the University of Wollongong?
In addition to research and teaching facilities, the institution features conference facilities, student dorms, a library, a gymnasium, retail stores, and indoor sports centers, among others, to provide a comprehensive experience.
The stipend scholarship program provides HDR students with a living stipend, and both domestic and international students are eligible for awards. Scholarships that provide a stipend fall into the following categories:
- The Australian government finances RTP stipends.
- UOW funds UPA stipends. External partners and UOW fund matching stipends.
- External Stipends are totally funded by the private sector or other external sources.
- Scholarships with a stipend are awarded at the rate stipulated in the CSGR for that year.
- Up to 3.5 EFTSL of stipend scholarships are offered to doctorate students and 2
- EFTSL to MPhil students.
- The stipend for full-time scholarship recipients is not taxable, however the stipend for part-time scholarship recipients is taxable. The stipend rate reflects the student’s enrollment level (full or part time).
- Full-time stipend scholarship recipients may perform up to eight hours of external work each week during business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
- Note that there are no restrictions on outside employment for recipients of part-time stipend
- Scholarships or RTP Fee Offsets.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Applicants for the Graduate Research program may submit an application.
- Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to apply for an IPTA, a student must meet the following requirements:
- International student pursuing a doctorate or master’s degree at UOW
- Comply with DIBP’s international student visa requirements.
- Not be receiving a scholarship under any other program that includes course tuition.
How to apply
- How to Apply: Students must use the scholarship application form at the University of Wollongong to apply for doctoral degrees and Masters of Philosophy.
- Documents in Support: The following papers must be given to the university by the students:
- Up to a two-page statement explaining how COVID19 affected your progress and what you did to fix it;
- Copy of your backup plan and/or your annual review from 2020, and a statement of support from your principal supervisor.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must make sure they meet all of the university’s entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: In order to get into UOW, you must show that you meet the UOW English language requirements for your chosen course.
The application submission date is February 27.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- Jack Keating Fund Scholarship for International Students, Australia
- USF International Student Scholarships in USA
- Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for International Students in Canada