For the academic year 2022-2023, the University of New South Wales is accepting applications for the Anita B. Lawrence PhD Scholarships in Acoustics from students pursuing a career in Acoustics with an emphasis on architectural acoustics, noise control in buildings, and community noise.
- University or Organization: University of New South Wales
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $30,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia.
About the University of New South Wales
The University of New South Wales, usually known as UNSW Sydney, is an Australian public research institution located in Sydney, New South Wales. It is now listed in the top 50 universities in the world and 44th on the QS Global University Rankings for 2021.
It is one of Australia’s foremost research-intensive universities with a mission to improve and transform lives through research excellence.
Why study at the University of New South Wales?
The University of New South Wales has a strong commitment to the advancement of a just society and wants to become Australia’s worldwide university by providing an exceptional education. It is motivated by the quest of excellence in education and research.
The University of New South Wales will provide selected candidates with a $30,000 annual stipend for general living expenses and a $5,000 annual research grant for up to 3.5 years of study.
- Students from every country, including Australia, are allowed to apply.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Students may apply to any UNSW higher degree by research programme of their choosing.
- Eligibility Requirements: To qualify, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- The candidate must enroll or enroll in an authorized research course leading to a graduate degree at UNSW.
- The award is open to both new and continuing applicants.
- The award is open to both full-time and part-time students.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: You can apply for admission to the university through its online portal. You can apply for this scholarship by sending a letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Anita B. Lawrence PhD Scholarship in Acoustics” and the following documents. To get into the PhD program at the UNSW Faculty of Arts, Design, and Architecture, you will also have to send in an Expression of Interest.
- Supporting Documents: The following items must be given to the university by the students:
- Your resume and a copy of your school records
- Two academic references.
- One piece of writing that is good for a college audience (e.g., undergraduate dissertation, peer-reviewed journal article, etc.)
- A “Statement of Purpose” that explains why you want to apply, how you meet the requirements, and what your long-term goals are (max. 1-2 pages)
- Admission requirements: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with honors, a master’s degree, or a degree that is equivalent in a related field of study.
- Language requirement: The students must send in the results of one of the following English tests:
The application period for this award is currently open. However, students are expected to adhere to any program-specific application deadlines.
See What Others Are Reading:
- International Scholarships at National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies – Japan
- Humanities International Excellence Scholarships at University of Manchester – UK
- Bay Atlantic University Washington USA Global Scholarship Exam 2023