Registration for the WAEC GCE Form second series is approaching. This is to inform the general public that interested applicants should get ready for the 2023 WAEC GCE Second Series.
The registration process for the General Certificate Education(GCE) offered by the WAEC this year 2023 has been structured to include biometric features that will be used for validation at all the respective examination centers.
Registration forms will also be made available for the 2023 WAEC General Certificate Education (Second Series) for Private Candidates.
Kindly continue reading to discover the deadline, as well as how to acquire the form and successfully register without encountering any problems.
Must Read: What is WAEC GCE? Everything You Need to Know before writing the Exam
- Registration begins on Monday, August 23, 2023
- The registration of the 2023 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, Second Series will commence in October/November.
- The cost of the WAEC GCE form is Eighteen Thousand Naira (₦18,000).
- The cost of walk-in registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (₦30,500.00) only per candidate.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) conducts two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates per year. The WASSCE for Private Candidates-First Series is done in Jan/Feb, while the Second Series is done in Oct/Nov.
It is also worth knowing that the WAEC GCE closing date for the 2023 session has been postponed. Below is detailed information on how individual applicants can register for the 2023 WAEC GCE.
WAEC GCE Second Series Closing Date 2023
Registration for the WASSCE Private Candidate 2023, Second Series will be concluded on October 17, 2023, at 12.00 midnight, while the last day to generate a PIN is October 15, 2023.
It is recommended that you register for the 2023 WAEC examination for Private Candidates as soon as possible and submit all of the essential documents before the registration deadline.
if you are interested in registering for the examination, then you should follow the instructions below.
How to Apply for the 2023 WAEC GCE Form
The following is a detailed guide that will walk you through the process of registering for the WASSCE GCE Second Series Examination in 2023.
Applicants are required to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand Naira (₦18,000), which can be done at any of the below banks or by an authorized agent.
This is done in order to acquire a Registration PIN and an Information VCD.
Names of Banks you can pay to Generate your WAEC GCE pin & VCD
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Jaiz Bank
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
Instructions & Guidelines for WAEC GCE Second Series
- Each Candidate is expected to have a National Identification Number for the Registration exercise.
- Prior to submitting their registration for the test, candidates are required to watch the Informative VCD.
- Applicants need to be aware that the registration fee cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- Applicants must register online at https://registration.waecdirect.org after first acquiring the Registration PIN in order to complete the registration process.
- Applicants are required to finish registering on the website within two weeks after their very first access to the site during the registration period. They are responsible for ensuring that their names, gender, passport pictures, birth dates, and subjects are accurate.
- After they have successfully registered, candidates need to print out the examination timetable immediately.
- All submitted passport photographs must be of good quality BLACK & WHITE OR COLOUR (JPEG File only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 dpi resolution), and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There must be no obstructive items. Please note that the submission of a defaced or poor-quality photograph by a candidate would automatically invalidate the entry of the candidate. For further details, visit www.waecnigeria.org
- All Submissions that have images that do not meet the requirements will be disqualified.
- Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the examination’s rules and Syllabus, in addition to the Timetable, which they can download from the WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) by entering their Registration PIN.
- Applicants must enter examination centers dressed in mufti and without any weapons. You are not permitted to wear any professional attire, including a uniform, in the exam rooms.
- Those who take the exam in more than one location will have their results completely canceled.
- While in the examination hall, smoking is not permitted under any circumstances.
- If a candidate walks into the examination hall carrying a mobile phone or any other electronic device, the entire candidate’s result will be canceled.
- Candidates have the responsibility of ensuring that their entries have been accurately filled before they upload them since the Council will not be responsible for any mistakes that are made in applicants’ documents.
- As soon as the examination begins, a candidate’s request to change any information that they freely gave at the point of registration will NOT BE taken into consideration under any circumstances.
- Applicants are required to bring the original copy of their Picture Cards with them into the examination room.
- Applicants who engage in exam misconduct will not only have their results canceled, but they also run the risk of facing legal consequences.
- Candidates have a duty to check that the email address and telephone number they supply during registration are correct.
- Furthermore, candidates would be asked to pay a commission of Five Hundred Naira (₦500) to the banks or accredited agents.
- Students are also required to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence that they successfully registered for the exam, which will also act as identification for the duration of the test.
furthermore, the PIN for the WAEC GCE Result Checker will be printed on the photo card. For the purpose of fingerprint registration, only Digital Personal Scanners should be utilized.
If you have any problems with the registration process, you can either write an email to Customer Care, call 234-1-9049320, or go to the computer registration center closest to you.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Applicants who have special needs will also register online like other candidates, but they will be required to provide specific details about their impairments, such as visual, low vision, spastic, speech, or hard to hear, amongst others.
The registration process must be completed by prospective candidates within two weeks of their first entry to the website during the registration period. They are responsible for ensuring that their names, genders, passport pictures, dates of birth, and subjects are all accurate. In addition to this, they are required to print out the Admission Notice, which serves as evidence of successful registration and can be used as identification during the examination. Furthermore, the PIN for the Result Checker will be printed on the Admission Notice.