The WARC Travel Grant promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange between researchers and institutions by funding research visits by African scholars and graduate students to other African institutions and regions. The WARC Travel Grant provides up to $1,500 for travel expenses and a $1,500 stipend.
Grant funds for travel may be used to:
- Participate in and present papers at academic conferences held in Africa
- Visit African libraries or archives containing the necessary academic resources for the applicant
- collaborate with colleagues from an additional African institution
- travel to an African research site
This competition is restricted to nationals of West Africa, with preference given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organisation: West African Research Association (WARA)
- Country to study:Not specified
- School to study: Not specified
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 19, 2023
See Also: Keele University 2023-2024 GREAT Scholarship for Masters Students (UK)
About the West African Research Association (WARA)
WARA is a non-profit membership organisation dedicated to promoting research on West Africa and the diaspora, scholarly exchange, the dissemination of accurate information on West Africa and its diaspora communities, and raising global awareness of West Africa’s vital role in the world.
The mission of WARA, which was established in 1989, is to promote research and scholarly exchange between West African and US scholars and institutions through its research fellowships, conferences, and publications; and through the numerous programmes headquartered at WARA’s research centre in Dakar, Senegal.
The West African Research Center (WARC) in Dakar, Senegal is the overseas headquarters of the West African Research Association (WARA) and provides a variety of resources and support to researchers from the United States, West Africa, and beyond. It includes a research and film library, digitization lab, seminar rooms, computer and wireless Internet access, an on-site cafe, and a pleasant space for organising major international conferences, local seminars, and other scholarly and artistic endeavours.
The WARC Travel Grant provides up to $1,500 for travel expenses and a $1,500 stipend.
Also Check: Robinson Family Scholarship at University of Melbourne 2023,Australia
- Abstract (50-80 words) of the proposed activity with a concise purpose statement
- Description of a Project/Research (6 double-spaced pages maximum) Including the necessity of travel (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Expended budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record)
- Passport photocopy of the applicant (must be a West African national)
- All applications must be submitted electronically as PDF files.
- All applicants must have a recommendation letter.
- If attending a meeting:
- a summary of the article to be read
- acceptance letter for the conference
- If visiting another establishment:
- invitation from the hosting organisation
- If travel is for archival or other research purposes:
- a description of the collections to be consulted and the significance of those collections to the applicant’s research.
- If you are a graduate student:
- Recommendation letter from the professor supervising your research
Please send inquiries to [email protected], care of the Mariane Yade West African Research Center/Centre de Recherche Ouest Africaine.
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State provides funding for the WARC Travel Grant Program through a grant from the Council of American Overseas Research Centers.
How to apply
Are you curious and qualified? To apply, visit the West African Research Association (WARA) on www.cognitoforms.com
March 19, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading:
- Australian National University (ANU) 2023 Changing Futures Scholarship For Domestic Students
- Radboud Scholarship Programme at Radboud University,2023
- Keiko Hongo Scholarship for Australian and domestic Students at University of Melbourne 2023,Australia