Graduate Student Assistant Positions are a form of student employment that provide both salary and tuition remission in exchange for research or teaching services rendered to the University as part of a student’s academic and professional development. Eligible students must be accepted into a full-time program.
- Type: Masters
- Organisation: Western Oregon University (WOU)
- Country to study: United States
- School to study: Western Oregon University (WOU)
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
About the Western Oregon University (WOU)
Western Oregon University is a public, medium-sized university dedicated to influencing people, communities, and the world. WOU is approximately 20 minutes from Salem, the state capital, and approximately 75 minutes from Portland, the state’s cultural center.
- Each GA will be rewarded $1,176 per month for nine months. (unless 4-term employee)
- Graduate students hired by the University are compensated at the institution’s specified salary rates and are excused from paying tuition for the first twelve (12) graduate credit hours per term.
- Graduate assistants are assessed and individually responsible for payment of the building charge, incidental fee, health fee, one-time matriculation fee, online fee, and any additional University-approved expenses according to the graduate assistant fee schedule. See tuition & fee schedule for WOU
- When a graduate assistant is permitted to enroll in more than twelve (12) graduate credit hours per term, the school must charge the assistant the resident rate for additional instruction fees for the hours in excess of twelve.
- The student must be fully admitted to a Western Oregon University master’s degree program.
- The duties of the graduate assistant must correspond to the student’s graduate program and/or professional goals. The assistantship must commence no later than the first week of the term.
- The student must have an authorized master’s degree program on file with the Graduate Programs office no later than the first week of the term during which the assistantship is held.
Notes: Good academic standing consists of a minimum 3.0 GPA, no D or F grades, no more than 8 credits of C, and no more than 4 incomplete credits.
How to apply
Are you interested and qualified? To apply, visit Western Oregon University (WOU) on graduate.wou.edu
February 1, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: