Since 2007, the Weston Family Awards in Northern Research have offered unrivaled assistance to Canadian early-career scientists conducting research in Canada’s North.
These yearly prizes, funded by the Weston Family Foundation, are among the most coveted in the country for students pursuing a master’s, doctorate, or postdoctoral program.
Since the program’s inception, almost 300 students have been chosen to receive a grant, building a community of Weston Family Northern Scientists who are at the vanguard of northern study and are helping define a brighter future for Canada and the globe.
- Type: Masters
- Organisation: Universities Canada
- School to study: Universities Canada
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 24, 2023
About the Universities Canada
Universities Canada is the national and international voice of Canadian universities. We are a membership organization that provides a single voice for higher education, research, and innovation to university presidents. Universities Canada, previously the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada, supports our member schools’ goal to improve lives, build communities, and discover answers to the world’s most urgent concerns.
- Each award is valued at $15,000 over one (1) year.
Applicants to the master’s level of the awards program must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada at the time of application;
- As of the application deadline, be enrolled in a master’s degree (leading to a thesis) in the natural sciences studying northern research at an authorized Canadian university.
- Have gained permission for their study plan, including any necessary ethics evaluations and/or research licenses, before beginning their grant.
How to apply
For more details, visit Universities Canada website.
Apply now through the online portal.
January 24, 2023
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See What Others Are Reading: