What is UBA Africard? In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about the UBA Africard as well as how to effortlessly get your UBA Africard Instantly.
That’s if getting a UBA Africard is your objective.
We understand that you came across our technological blog since you heard about Africard.
Or maybe you were having difficulty accepting currency payments and even making payments online and someone somewhere suggested getting an Africard.
Something tells us its, just probably because you want to activate your PayPal account in a country that PayPal is likely not supported.
So, let’s get into it proper.
- UBA Africard is an African prepaid Visa Card.
- UBA Africard can be easily connected to your PayPal withdrawal system.
- UBA Africard can be used for any online transactions (sending, receiving and withdrawals).
Many online small company owners, particularly digital marketers, freelance writers, and bloggers, are unable to accept and make payments easily online.
The difficult thing is that the techies who figured out a means to create a PayPal account that can receive and transfer PayPal payments (through Family and friends FNF or Goods and services GNS), couldn’t really withdraw their earnings directly to their bank accounts.
That’s where the UBA Africard comes into play.
Allow me to introduce you to the UBA Africard, an African prepaid Visa Card that can be easily connected into the PayPal withdrawal system.
The UBA Africard is widely accepted throughout the world, and the best aspect is that it can be used for any online transactions (sending, receiving and withdrawals).
Enough already, let’s get started on what exactly is an Africard?
What is an Africard?
An Africard simply means African Card.
This name Africard was given to a specific UBA card because it has special functionalities that other popular debit cards do not have.
Africard is a debit card version that is denominated in the registered country’s currency.
It has the special capacity of automatically converting the USD dollars, EURO, GBP etc. into the country’s currency where it was registered.
The Africard is pre-funded and has the ability to be reloaded anytime anywhere.
Perhaps more importantly, the card is purposely accepted at any location that accepts visas (ATM, POS, and WEB).
so now, what is a UBA Africard?
What is UBA Africard?
UBA Africard is simply a prepaid debit card provided by UBA (United Bank for Africa).
The UBA Africard is a prepaid Visa card that is widely accepted for all online purchases globally (POS, sending, receiving and withdrawals processes).
You should also note that the UBA Africard is backed by a company known as the Global Technology Partners(GTP Limited).
Who actually is the issuer of the UBA Africard.
The truth is that Global Technology Partners (GTP Limited) is a foreign-based corporation, but they have been around for a long time now.
If you want to know more about them, Please visit their company website at https://gtpprepaid.com
Must I have an Account with UBA before I can have the UBA Africard
Yes, you must have an account with UBA before you can have a UBA Africard.
We know so many bloggers have said you must not have an account before you can get or use the UBA Africard.
But this is not true, we ourselves were thinking the same thing before now.
We will tell you why we changed our opinion in just a few minutes.
Stay with us.
What inspired the name?
The UBA Africard was given its name when Global Technology Partners(GTP Limited) affiliated with the United Bank for Africa (UBA).
They affiliated with UBA in order to enable Africans obtain an Africard regardless of where they reside in Africa.
So as long as there is a UBA Bank in your area, you can get the UBA Africard because GTP Limited now has agents in every UBA Bank across Africa.
Therefore, this move has made it possible for Africans to obtain this card from anywhere in Africa.
Why you must have an Account with UBA before You can get a UBA Africard?
The reason why you must have an account with UBA before you can get a UBA Africard is very simple.
UBA Africard is an account of its own, if you check the rear side of the card you will find the cards account number.
The reason why people miss interpreted this, including us is because the UBA Africard’s account is a stand alone account.
You can have this UBA Africard account without necessarily having the normal bank account we are accustomed to.
So, now you know better, we will have to rewrite our previous articles that had this misinformation as soon as possible.
Benefits of of UBA Africard
- UBA Africard does not necessitate the opening of a standard account as we are accustomed to in order to obtain it. UBA Africard has its own separate account; click here to learn more.
- Because the Africard is Visa validated, it can be used on any payment gateway platform without being declined.
- With your UBA Africard, you can withdraw money from any ATM in Africa without paying any fees, whilst other ATM cards charge higher rates.
- It comes with two options: a dollar card and a country based currency card.
- The Dollar Visa Card option enables customers to make withdrawals in US dollars.
- The Card is simply manageable online.
- It can be used to make online purchases. Paying for goods and services on popular online shopping sites such as AbrakaMall, Jumia, Konga, eBay, Amazon, and so on.
- It can be used to withdraw funds from your PayPal account. For example, to receive overseas transactions, connect with PayPal or other payment providers and use the “withdraw to card” option.
- The UBA Africard enables users to access the mobile UBA app even if they do not have a UBA bank account.
- It also functions as a prepaid card.
Types of UBA Africard
In general, there are two (2) varieties of UBA Africard, and they are as follows:
- Dollar UBA Visa Africard
- Country Based UBA Visa Africard
The withdrawal procedure used by the two Africard options is the most significant distinction between them.
While the Dollar Card can be used to withdraw money in US dollars from any UBA branch, the country based UBA Africard can be used to convert any foreign exchange denomination amount into the country’s currency at any time.
Below the two cards, there are two different sorts of Africard, the first of which is the
- Personalized Africard and the
- Non – Personalized Africard
Personalized UBA Africard
It is possible to personalize your UBA Africard by having your name inscribed on the card’s surface.
To obtain the personalized UBA Africard, you will have to wait for up to 4 working days from the date of your application to be processed.
Non – Personalized UBA Africard
The UBA Africard that is not personalized does not feature your name or any other name on the surface, despite the fact that it will be registered under your identity.
The advantage of the non-personalized UBA Africard is that it can be given to you immediately.
As soon as you complete your account application.
This is a significant convenience, if you ask us.
Now, let’s talk about the paperwork that must be completed in order to obtain a UBA Africard.
Documents required to get a UBA Africard
The documents that you need in order to acquire a UBA Africard is no different from the documents required to set up a bank account.
Keep in mind that whatever account manager you will find there, will try to convince you into opening a UBA account, that is if you are not already banking with them.
Below are the required documents to GET a UBA Africard
- An identity card (it could be your National identity card, driver’s license, voter’s card, or International passport)
- A Utility Bill (Nepa bill, water bill etc.)
- 2 passport photographs
- Money to fund and pay for your card (any amount above N5,000, to be on the safe side)
Now, that you know everything you need to know about the UBA Africard, you may probably want to get one.
Below is a link that will teach you the Easiest Way to get your UBA Africard & Activate it Instantly.
See What’s Trending:
- Simple UBA SWIFT (BIC) code: What is it and Everything You Need to know
- UBA Increases International Spend Limit on Cards to $2,000: Read Full Details
- PayPal: Complete List of Countries/regions with the ability to send payments
If for some certain reasons, you are not able to find what you hoped you will find. Kindly drop a comment in the comment section below and we will immediately point you in the right direction.
However, you can use the search below; for a quick navigation, we wish you a happy discovery phase!