Applying for a UK Visa requires several important steps, and for many applicants, this includes undergoing a tuberculosis (TB) test. Specifically, if you’re in Abuja and planning to stay in the UK for an extended period, it’s mandatory to get this test done at an approved center.
This article serves as your guide to identifying UK Visa approved centers in Abuja for tuberculosis testing. We understand the importance of this requirement and aim to simplify your search by providing a list of these authorized locations.
Our goal is to ensure that you can easily find a convenient testing center, helping you to smoothly proceed with your UK Visa application.
Approved Tuberculosis Testing Centers in Abuja
One of the primary centers in Abuja authorized for tuberculosis testing for UK Visa applicants is the International Organization For Migration (IOM) – Migration Health Assessment Centre.
Located in the heart of the city, this center is equipped with the necessary facilities and professional staff to conduct TB tests efficiently.
1. International Organization For Migration (IOM): Migration Health Assessment Centre
|International Organization For Migration (IOM) – Migration Health Assessment Centre
|No. 55 Hassan Musa Katsina Road (at the junction of Hassan Musa Katsina Road and J-K Gadzama Street), Asokoro, Abuja
|+234 (0) 09 460 58400, +234 (0) 01 465 6600
|+234 (0) 809 563 7898, +234 (0) 0808 522 1427, +234 (0) 0703 289 8491
|Available – You can book your TB test appointment online
|Monday to Thursday: 8am to 5:30pm, Friday: 8am to 12pm, Closed on national holidays
This center is recognized for its reliable testing services and is a popular choice for UK Visa applicants in Abuja.
It’s advisable to contact them directly for the most current information and to schedule your appointment.
Cost of Getting a Tuberculosis Test in Abuja
|Fee in Naira
|Fee in US Dollars
|11 years and above
|Below 11 years
|Reprint of certificate
|Standard Chartered Bank
|International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Additional Information for Applicants
When planning to visit any of the approved tuberculosis testing centers in Abuja, there are a few key points to keep in mind:
- Appointment Booking: It is advisable to book your appointment in advance. While some centers might accommodate walk-in patients, having a scheduled appointment ensures you avoid long wait times and potential unavailability.
- What to Bring: Typically, you will need to bring a valid form of identification, such as your passport. Some centers might require additional documents, like a copy of your UK Visa application, so it’s best to check beforehand.
- Test Procedure: The TB test usually involves a chest X-ray. The process is quick and involves minimal discomfort. If there are indications of TB on the X-ray, a sputum test might also be required.
- Health and Safety Protocols: Given the ongoing concerns around health and safety, especially in medical settings, ensure you adhere to the safety protocols put in place by the testing center, such as wearing masks or maintaining social distancing.
- Result Waiting Period: After undergoing the test, there might be a waiting period before your results are available. This can vary, so it’s important to ask the testing center about the expected timeframe.
- Further Assistance: If you have any specific queries or need further assistance regarding the TB testing process, do not hesitate to contact the testing centers directly. They can provide the most current and detailed information.
Tips for a Smooth TB Testing Experience
Undergoing a tuberculosis test is a necessary step for many UK Visa applicants. To ensure a smooth and efficient experience at the testing centers in Abuja, consider the following tips:
- Early Preparation: Start your process well in advance of your intended UK travel date. This gives you ample time to handle any unforeseen delays.
- Understand the Requirements: Each testing center may have slightly different requirements. Ensure you understand what is needed at the specific center you choose, including any necessary documents and the exact fee amount.
- Health and Safety Measures: Given the current global health situation, adhere to all health and safety guidelines provided by the testing center, such as wearing masks and maintaining social distancing.
- Post-Test Procedures: Familiarize yourself with the process of receiving and interpreting your results, and know what steps to take if a retest or further action is required.
- Stay Informed: Keep up-to-date with any changes in the TB testing process or requirements, which can happen due to policy updates or health advisories.
FAQs: UK Visa-Approved Centers in Abuja for Tuberculosis Test
1. How do I book a TB test for a UK visa in Abuja?
Booking a TB test in Abuja involves contacting an approved testing center, such as the International Organization For Migration (IOM) – Migration Health Assessment Centre. Most centers accept bookings via phone, email, or through their online platforms.
2. What are the typical operating hours for TB testing centers in Abuja?
The operating hours for TB testing centers like the IOM in Abuja are usually from 8 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Thursday, and 8 am to 12 pm on Friday. It’s important to check specific timings, as they may vary.
3. What is the cost of a TB test in Abuja for UK Visa applicants?
The cost of a TB test for applicants aged 11 and above is around Naira 79,800 or US dollars 95. For children below 11, it costs approximately Naira 38,700 or US dollars 46.
4. Where can I find payment information for the TB test in Abuja?
The testing center typically provides payment information for TB tests in Abuja. For example, the IOM center’s payments can be made to the Standard Chartered Bank, with the account details below.
- Abuja, Nigeria
- Bank: Standard Chartered Bank
- Account name: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Account number: 0001847002
- Sort code: 068080017
5. Can TB test appointments for UK Visa be booked online in Abuja?
Yes, many TB testing centers in Abuja offer the convenience of online booking for UK Visa applicants.
6. What if I need a reprint of my TB test certificate?
In case you need a reprint of your TB test certificate, it can be issued for a fee, which is generally around Naira 13,600 or US dollars 16.
7. Where can I find UK Visa approved TB testing centers in Abuja?
You can find the UK Visa Approves TB testing in Abuja at No. 55 Hassan Musa Katsina Road (at the junction of Hassan Musa Katsina Road and J-K Gadzama Street)
Successfully completing the Tuberculosis test is a pivotal step for UK Visa applicants in Abuja.
This article has provided a comprehensive guide to the approved TB testing centers in the city, along with detailed information on test fees, payment methods, and essential tips for a smooth testing experience.
Remember, timely and accurate testing not only fulfills a vital requirement for your UK Visa application but also contributes to your health and well-being.
We recommend staying informed about any updates or changes in the testing process and wish you success in your UK Visa application journey.