4 Steps to Landing a Job in Canada

Make sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date by adding your most recent experiences and abilities on a regular basis. Make an online portfolio if you have a creative streak in you. For instance, if you are a graphic designer, you should develop a website to showcase your work so that it can be viewed by Canadian recruiters.


Building up your network of professional contacts and keeping those connections active will be beneficial to your job search in Canada. Networking is one of the most efficient strategies to acquire a job offer in Canada, despite the fact that it could need some time and effort on your part. Building ties with significant people in a certain industry is an essential part of the networking process. Additionally, it is an efficient method for broadening your perspective. The following is a list of advice that can help you network more effectively in Canada. The following are some of the benefits of networking:

How to Write a Canadian Resume

You should never lie on your resume or leave stuff out if you are applying for a job in Canada. It is vital to avoid mentioning too much about your employment history on your resume, despite the fact that the aim of a CV is to highlight the abilities, experience, and accomplishments of the job seeker. During the interview process is the ideal time to discuss all of your relevant past experiences in the workplace. However, if you find yourself in a position where you have to lie about your qualifications, you should try to avoid doing so.

Must Read: 6 Jobs in Canada That Do Not Require a Certificate


Receiving a job offer

First things first, check to see if you’ve done a decent job writing your CV. Keep in mind that your resume is the first impression that an employer will get of you, and that it should communicate your expertise and qualifications in an engaging manner. If you have any queries or worries, you should be able to get in touch with the references you have on hand, so that’s another thing you should do. You should also take advantage of websites like LinkedIn, which provide workers the opportunity to provide online recommendations for one another and which you should join. If you create a profile on LinkedIn, recruiters will be able to review your history and look for job vacancies that are a good fit for your skills and experience. Additionally, LinkedIn provides daily alerts regarding comparable employment in Canada.

Trending; Companies in Canada Seeking Foreign Employees

Obtaining a work permit

There are many different categories of foreign workers that are required to submit an application for a work permit in order to be able to find employment in Canada. There is a wide variety of work authorization, and based on the particulars of your circumstances, it is possible that you might get a work permit even if you do not have a job offer. Whether you are working in Canada on a temporary basis or intend to make Canada your permanent home will determine the kind of work visa that is required of you.

Obtaining an LMIA


Employers looking to engage foreign workers for a variety of vocations, including skilled trades, can apply for and receive LMIAs from the government. On the other hand, there are a lot of rules to follow in order to apply for an LMIA. Your application will not be accepted by approximately 90% of employers, and the remaining 10% of businesses will demand you to demonstrate that your abilities are unique to them. In addition, if your company is unable to submit an LMIA, you will not be able to recover this fee from your employees under any circumstances.

See what others are reading

Feel free to share this post with others who will benefit from it using the buttons below!
Share to...