Machinists that work with Computer Numerical Control (CNC) are responsible for the installation and operation of a wide array of CNC machines and equipment.
They are highly skilled individuals who integrate aspects of mechanical design, technical drawings, mathematics, and knowledge of how to program computers in an environment that is both clean and professional in order to make things that are essential for our world today.
Skilled CNC machinists monitor the progress of a product through each stage of its development, from the product’s inception as an idea through its completion as a physical object.
Education; Other trades certificate or diploma, Computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinist technology/CNC machinist
Experience; 3 years to less than 5 years
Work setting; General manufacturing
Location; 272nd. Street and Gloucester Langley, BC V4W 4A1
Salary; 32.00 to 37.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Terms of employment; Permanent employment (Full time)
- Learn how to read and interpret engineering blueprints, drawings, charts, and tables.
- Perform first production machine setup and make necessary adjustments.
- Components and machined parts must be assembled and fitted to precise tolerances.
- Performing maintenance and repairs on precision measuring devices, as well as calibrating them
- Any deviations from the specifications and tolerances should be documented and reported.
- Ensure that inspection records are kept up to date and finish all inspection reports.
- Use accurate measurement devices to check that the dimensions of the machined parts are correct (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Perform calculations on the dimensions and tolerances, as well as measuring and laying out the work parts.
- Perform initial and ongoing setup, operation, and maintenance tasks on a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools.
- Utilizing precise measuring devices, ensure that the dimensions of the products being checked are accurate and in accordance with the requirements.
- Measuring tools
- Lathes that operate automatically
- CNC (computer numerical control) machines
- Presses for drilling
- Machines for milling
- Machine for sawing
- Grinders for the surface
- Grinder tools
Work conditions/physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Physically demanding
- Overtime required
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
Trending: 2000+ Foreign Job Openings in Canada
- Effective interpersonal abilities
- Flexibility in oral communication
- Team player with initiative
Possible screening questions
- Are you available to start on the advertised date?
- Are you currently authorized to work in Canada?
- Do you currently live close to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous work experience in this field?
- Do you have the required certifications listed above?
- Dental insurance
- Disability compensation
- Health-care strategy
- Coverage for paramedical services
- Benefits for vision care
- Group insurance benefits
- Free parking available
How to Apply
If you are interested in the job offer as a CNC Machinist at Symmetric Machining Ltd. in Canada, click the link below to apply and attach your resume by email.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
[maxbutton id=”1″ window=”new” ]
See what others are reading
- Job offer as a Drywall installer at AKAL DRYWALL & CONTRACTING LTD
- Steps on how to secure a job as a Construction Worker in Canada
- Job offer as a Marketing manager at OCTOBER STUDIO LTD. in Canada