We are looking for self-starting construction industry leaders that are eager to learn new skills and advance their careers with our company.
Beginning your career with Pagnotta in an entry-level role has the potential to open numerous doors for you. If you have a positive mentality, are willing to learn, are dependable, work hard, have the potential to lead others, and are willing to go to school to obtain a trade.
You could be working as a Labor Foreman, a Carpenter Foreman, or even a Superintendent within five to seven years and making a great salary.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Employment type: Full-time
Job Function: Management and Manufacturing
Construction Workers move commodities and equipment. They perform physically taxing tasks such as excavating, demolishing, and compacting the earth as part of their work.
Craftsmen in the construction industry prepare and clean up construction sites.
We are in the process of hiring Construction Workers to participate in a variety of high-rise construction projects in the downtown region of Edmonton.
- $18 – $25 entry level to intermediate skill set
- $25 – $40 for highly skilled/experienced applicants
- Benefits in the areas of health, dental care, and eye care that are paid for by your employer for you and your family
- Insurance on one’s life
- 4% of normal earnings can be matched by travel insurance RRSP contributions.
full-time employment 365 days a year
- Opportunities for advancement – Regular pay raises and promotions are given to people who take initiative, put in a lot of effort, and take pleasure in the quality of their job.
- Get paid to exercise your body! Working in construction is an excellent method to keep oneself healthy and trim.
- Get a trade! – The majority of our labourers go on to become carpenters or tower crane operators.
- Paid training. Master the operation of skid steer loaders, zoom booms, aerial work platforms, and more!
We are expanding rapidly, and as a result, those who are able to take initiative, learn, demonstrate accountability, and lead others will be quickly recognized and developed from within to assume future leadership roles.
Depending on your education and previous work experience, some of your responsibilities may include the following:
- Help the various trades with whatever responsibilities they require assistance with.
- Keeping track of the inventory and managing it
- Performing operations of unloading and loading material
- Cleaning up and organizing the location (housekeeping)
- Construct and uninstall guardrails, scaffolding, and temporary hoarding as needed.
- Work that includes digging trenches, chipping concrete, removing snow, flagging, and watching pours.
- Operate skid steer, zoom boon, aerial work platform (internal training provided)
- Weekly hours totaling 44. Typically, shifts begin at 7:00 AM, though this may change based on operational needs.
- Work overtime and/or on the weekend if necessary. The average workweek length for our staff is about 50 hours.
- Consistent employment over the course of an entire year
- Throughout the day, there will be two breaks: one for 15 minutes of paid time and another for a half an hour of unpaid lunch.
- A blending of indoor and outdoor labour. Proper attire is expected.
- Constructing or repairing anything at a great height.
- Capability of functioning effectively both within a group and on one’s own
- A constructive mentality about preventative measures
- Always on time and dependable
- Manual dexterity, an interest in mechanics, and physical fitness are all requirements for candidates.
- The use of steel-toed footwear is mandated.
- Compliance with WHMIS 2015 was mandated in 2015. (we can provide)
- Training for CSTS 2020 Newcomers (we can provide)
- Knowledge of rigging techniques is valuable.
- Skilled operation of a skid steer, zoom boom, or aerial work platform is a plus.
- Consistent means of travel to and from work. The majority of attractions may be reached by using the public transit system.
- Experience with concrete, carpentry, or other building materials is a plus.
How to Apply
For more information on the steps on how to secure a job as a Construction Worker in Canada, visit the official website on the link below.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See what others are reading: