Heavy-duty equipment mechanics are responsible for the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of huge machinery and industrial heavy equipment. This type of machinery and equipment is either connected to or moved by a power unit.
Seniority level; Mid-Senior level
Employment type; Full-time
Job function; Management and Manufacturing
Industries; Airlines and Aviation
The companies that make up the Inland Group of Companies, including Inland Technologies, IDS, and Quantem Aviation Services, have a wealth of experience in a wide variety of aviation support services, including environmental management, aircraft de-icing, ground handling, and virtually any other service that comes to mind. Over fifty airports across four countries are served by our operations.
The delivery of airport environmental compliance programmes is the primary focus of Inland Technologies’ commercial operations. The breadth of services that we offer, including the collection and recycling of used aviation de-icing fluid, the management of wastewater, and the production of aircraft de-icing fluid for reuse, all benefit from the ongoing development of the technology that we employ.
Our company was established on the principles of providing exceptional service to our customers, being at the forefront of technological advancement, and making safety our top priority in all that we do.
We provide an environment in the workplace in which a high level of respect, integrity, and ethical behavior is a prerequisite for employment. Please visit our website at the following address if you would want additional information regarding our organisation.
Trending: 2000+ Foreign Job Openings in Canada
At this time, we are offering a position on our team for a Heavy Duty Mechanic to anyone who is interested in joining who has a strong focus on safety and is well-rounded in their experience. This position is available at our Brookside Manufacturing Facility.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is enthusiastic about health and safety, who isn’t afraid of taking on new challenges, and who isn’t bothered by the prospect of working in an atmosphere where the level of noise can, at times, be excessive.
About the Position
The following is a list of the most important jobs and obligations associated with this employment, in addition to the thrill of working in a thriving production facility:
- Determine the condition of the vehicle by inspecting it and running diagnostic tests on it.
- Identify any broken or worn out components.
- Provision of service, repair, and maintenance for a wide variety of equipment, including but not limited to de-icing vehicles, luggage handlers, forklifts, and so on.
- Keep records of the equipment that has been fixed as well as the amount of time spent on such equipment;
- Examine the apparatus for any signs of flaws or malfunctions, and perform diagnostic testing to establish the nature and extent of any necessary repairs.
- Utilizing the proper tools, make adjustments to the machinery and either repair or replace faulty parts, components, or systems.
- Test the newly repaired equipment to check that it is functioning correctly and that the work complies with the manufacturer’s standards.
- Equipment needs to be kept clean, lubricated, and subjected to a variety of additional normal maintenance tasks.
- Keep a schedule for performing preventative maintenance on all of the equipment, including lubrication, tyre replacement, and tune-ups.
- ensuring that our policy on maintaining a safe and courteous workplace is followed and promoting this policy.
- Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that have been created, and have absolutely no tolerance for unsafe behaviors!
- registered apprentice in their third year or someone who has completed a similar amount of schooling and work experience.
- A Red Seal/Journey Person certification or a diploma in “Heavy Duty Equipment/ vehicle & Transport Repair” is seen as a significant advantage.
- Certificate of inspection for cranes and booms is regarded as an asset.
- The ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair systems utilized in heavy duty equipment and truck and transport vehicles, including hydraulics, powertrains, electrical, and electronic systems.
- Computer literacy fundamentals, including a basic familiarity with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Read, write, and talk fluently, as well as communicate clearly.
- Exceptional abilities in organisational structure and time management.
- Must have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, the capacity to motivate others, and the ability to operate well in a team atmosphere.
- Be open to acquiring new abilities and being flexible in order to contribute to the expansion of the company and fulfill the requirements of its clients.
Must Read: Canada’s highest-paying remote jobs
At Inland, we are pleased to provide our employees with the following perks, some of which are contingent upon qualification:
- A work environment that is both fulfilling and safe (personal protective equipment supplied by the firm).
- Training and coaching on the job, as well as mentoring and advising.
- Opportunities for growth and progress available to personnel with high potential.
- Assistance programme for workers and their families.
- Offers a wage and benefits package that is competitive;
- a pension plan including contributions from the employer.
- The ability to receive discounted prices and group rates.
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to the Inland HR Team, quoting posting number 22-03, if you are a self-starter who is committed to providing the greatest level of customer satisfaction and if your experience and abilities meet with the basic standards outlined above.
Full job description available upon request.
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See what others are reading