People who want to make a career in this area are typically expected to have competence in developing client connections, either with prospective clients or with clients who already have an established base of business.
Seniority level; Mid-Senior level
Employment type; Full-time
Job function; Sales and Business Development
Industries; Entertainment Providers
There is a significant shortage of qualified account managers in a variety of business sectors, including consulting, marketing, banking, and sales, as well as information technology.
Building solid ties and lasting alliances with one’s clientele is essential to a career as a successful account manager. This talent is the linchpin of the field.
SPHE ranks the Canadian market as one of its top five territories worldwide.
SPHE is evolving and shifting the focus of our organization around Consumer Understanding and Insight in order to enable us to “Connect Canadians to a world of Entertainment Experiences” and “grow our presence and conversion” in a market that is changing rapidly.
The Key Account Manager position is essential to the SPHE Canada team as a whole. He or she is responsible for the management of one (or multiple) national physical distribution and/or retail accounts. He or she reports to the Head of Sales.
He/She will drive the strategy and engagement for their accounts, owning the P&L, the account strategy and planning process, driving an insight driven approach to engaging and challenging our partners to ensure we are putting the consumer (shopper) at the core of our agreed initiatives.
He/She will need to demonstrate strong thought leadership, relationship management, influencing skills and an analytical approach to evaluating our strategies and execution in line with our profit goals.
This is a vital function that is critical as the company navigates an evolving and challenging market while transforming our approach to engage our key clients and partners to be lead by Insight and Analytics.
This role will be critical as the company navigates an evolving and challenging market. The individual in question will be responsible for leading the insight-based sell in of New Release titles, Catalogue promotions, and overarching Commercial Strategy.
He or she will need to have partnered with a number of significant clients and platforms, will be very data savvy having dealt with huge data sets, and will have a strong analytical skill set in account level analysis and reporting.
These are all requirements for the position. Additionally, he or she will be responsible for recognizing consumer trends and developing account-specific strategies on the basis of critical consumer data.
- Develop a comprehensive awareness of the consumer needs and national levers in order to accomplish goals; keep an eye on the strategies used by competitors.
- Develop and put into action annual rolling customer business plans in order to meet or surpass expectations.
- Monitor performance and make recommendations for action, if needed, to enhance sales, margins, and the proportion of business coming from existing customers.
- When it is appropriate, employ joint account planning with customers to ensure that SPHE meets their needs while also reaching its gross profit goals.
- It is important to facilitate communication with the consumer on numerous levels and through relevant relationships both within and outside of the buying team.
- Manage the customer portfolio, keep an eye on customer profitability, and organize your business interactions with each customer in descending order of priority.
- Ensure that profitability goals are met by skillfully negotiating and concluding client agreements (short and long term trade terms), including promotional pricing, rebates, MDF, and coop.
- Serve as the primary point of contact within the company for all inquiries pertaining to customers; coordinate efforts with the Operations, Finance, Marketing, and Sales Planning teams to provide outstanding customer service overall.
- Manages the returns approval process, when it is required, and works to ensure optimal coordination and information flow with the teams responsible for customer support, operations, and finance.
- When it is acceptable to do so, undertake routine business reviews with the client, putting the utmost emphasis on the yearly Joint Business Planning process, in addition to the continued emphasis on tactical implementation and opportunistic exploitation.
Trending: 2000+ Foreign Job Openings in Canada
- Review the promotional calendar for each account and make sure all activities are carried out correctly.
- Collaborate with Marketing to determine how much money should be spent on marketing, divide up that money, and track how well that money is being spent relative to how well accounts are performing.
- Collaborate with the Sales Planning team in order to reach an agreement on planogram decisions that are in keeping with the goals that have been established for each account, and make certain that all tactics are backed up by data and insight.
- Manage the deployment of new business models and/or retail solutions that enable a rise in the total number of points of contact with customers.
- Trade presentations have to be carried out, in coordination with Marketing teams.
- Gain a complete understanding of Sony’s governance as well as its standard working procedures, strategies, and objectives, and align yourself with them.
- Values of SPHE should be modeled and promoted.
- Maintain productive working relationships with all US-based teams and those located within the Business Unit to support the smooth and efficient operation of commercial activities within the Business Unit.
- Advocate for the most effective solutions across the entire firm.
- BA/MA degree preferred
- Minimum of three years’ worth of experience in account management.
- Typically between three and five years in sales.
- Experience gained within a Home Entertainment or a fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) company Experience working within a fast-paced, commercial sales environment Experience with and working knowledge of Canadian retailers, media, and trade environment Experience at working directly with internal and external stakeholders Experience at working within a fast-paced.
- commercial sales environment Experience at working directly with internal and external stakeholders
- examples of effective sales experience and experience negotiating contracts that can be demonstrated. Examples of successful company development desirable.
- Strong expertise in business-related areas
- Excellent oral and writing communication abilities, as well as the ability to give presentations
- A high level of proficiency in both persuasive and interpersonal skills, with the goal of constructing and cultivating meaningful connections
- Appreciation for excellent teamwork as well as skills that bridge functional boundaries
- Analysis of improvements to the process and inventiveness
- Identifying and analyzing problems, as well as coming up with and putting into action solutions
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and Excel are required.
- Establishes priorities for work activities; plans and maintains organizational stability in order to fulfill criteria for commitment and productivity
- Participates actively in team efforts and openly exchanges ideas and information about how to boost performance.
- Strong planning and analysis skills, coupled with a vision that takes into account wider business, category, and market challenges
- Adaptability, flexibility, and the ability to learn new systems and be nimble in a context of ongoing change Comfort with ambiguity in a dynamic, changing, and commercial environment Adaptability, flexibility, and the capacity to learn new systems
- Capability to be proactive with regard to all obligations; initiative and a desire to take on more responsibilities
- Show that you have true agility in learning
- Construct efficient teams while being aware of the significance of the team’s culture and values.
- Always work together to achieve your goals, and cultivate fruitful connections with your partners.
How to Apply
For more information on how to get a job as an Account Manager in Sony Pictures Entertainment in Canada, you can click on the like below
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
[maxbutton id=”1″ window=”new” ]
See what others are Reading
- Steps on landing a job as a Project Manager on LotusFlare at Canada
- How to secure a job as a Receptionist on Canada Goose (Canada)
- How to get a job as a Class 1 driver on XTL TRANSPORT INC. (Canada)