The annual salary of a typical professor in Canada is approximately $100,300. In spite of the fact that the sum might not appear to be adequate for academic work.
Seniority level; Mid-Senior level
Employment type; Full-time
Job function; Education and Training
Industries; Higher Education
The position comes with a number of additional benefits, such as free tuition for the employee (and their spouse or dependents) at a number of colleges in Canada.
The field of polytechnic education is one in which Conestoga College excels. Education, training, and applied research programs that are geared toward careers help students get ready for success, serve the needs of business and the workforce, and encourage economic growth throughout our region and the rest of Ontario.
Persons who are now working part-time for the university, have worked part-time for the university during the past four months, or who have worked part-time for the university within the past four months are considered internal applicants and will be given first consideration.
The field of polytechnic education is one in which Conestoga College excels. Education, training, and applied research programs with an emphasis on careers help students get ready for success, serve the requirements of industry and the workforce, and promote economic growth throughout our region and the rest of Ontario.
Trending: 2000+ Foreign Job Openings in Canada
Conestoga College, in its role as a preferred employer, is dedicated to fostering the growth and well-being of its staff members by providing them with competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing opportunities for professional and personal development.
These factors combine to produce improved abilities, shared successes, and an engaged college community.
Conestoga College will continue to take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our college community and prospective candidates throughout the entire process of recruitment and selection.
These measures will be taken in accordance with the guidance that has been provided by our local authority responsible for public health. Our COVID Community Safety policy mandates that all employees receive the entire COVID-19 vaccination series before they can be hired. Compliance with this policy is a prerequisite for employment offers.
In order to fulfill this condition of employment, you will be needed to provide either proof of vaccination or a formal exemption that has been recognized by the College.
- Developing, maintaining, and teaching a number of different courses, particularly those pertaining to projects
- identifying, analyzing, and confirming the learning outcomes of both the program and the individual classes
- the creation of alternative distribution methods, the development of online courses, and the provision of instruction as needed
- ensuring that the program and course material are up to date, pertinent, and indicative of the best practices currently being used in the industry
- Developing effective methods and resources for encouraging and assessing the academic growth and accomplishments of individual students
- Developing and sustaining a constructive educational setting that respects and accommodates the wide range of cultural identities, educational experiences, and learning preferences that are represented among the student body
- Taking part in activities and work groups organized by the department, portfolio, school, and the entire college as necessary
- Maintaining a spirit of cooperation and camaraderie not only within one’s own department but also throughout the entire college
- Providing financial assistance for tasks related to applied research, such as the vetting and selection of possible projects
- establishing working relationships with business entities and partnering with business entities
Performing duties in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the Academic Employees Collective Agreement
Must Read: 4 Steps to Landing a Job in Canada
- It is essential that you have a master’s degree in English, Communication, or a related discipline.
- previous teaching experience at the post-secondary level for a total of three years
Experience in the creation of educational programs is a valuable asset.
- It is preferred that candidates have experience working with computer systems (such as Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technology (such as D2L).
- Exceptional abilities in oral presentation, communication, organizing, and interpersonal interaction have been demonstrated.
- Ability to operate both independently and cooperatively as a member of an academic team which has been demonstrated.
- An asset is the capacity to relate to learners and the ability to provide a good learning environment to students working at varied skill levels, including students from other countries and students who require accommodation.
- Strong dedication to Conestoga’s academic excellence and the success of its students, as well as the capacity to support the institution’s efforts to continuously improve quality.
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities, as demonstrated in the application materials.
- The selected candidate will be expected to carry out their duties within the province of Ontario and must be available to work on campus in accordance with the requirements of the program.
- The beginning date of employment is December 2022, and the vacation time allotted to this post will be coordinated to take place during the autumn semester.
How To Apply
For more information on How to land a job as a Professor in Conestoga Collage at Canada, click on the link below
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See what others are reading