A very big general contractor that has worked in southern Ontario on High-Value projects in the High-Rise Residential, Institutional, Commercial, Industrial, and Health-Care space.
They have been in business for close to seventy years, and they are responsible for some of the most difficult and interesting building projects now being undertaken.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable to the Vice President of Operations for leading project teams for one or more projects, managing all aspects of the project life cycle, and ensuring that required performance deliverables of quality, cost, and schedules are achieved.
In addition, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for reporting their activities.
- Responsible for all Aspects of the Project
- Responsible for Establishing and Maintaining Excellent Relationships with Owners, Architects, Consultants, Trades, and the Public While Promoting the Client’s Services
- Ensuring Client Satisfaction Responsible for All Aspects of the Project Responsible for Ensuring Client Satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with the client’s Health and Safety Program, as well as give critical leadership, establish examples, and make sure safety minutes are delivered.
- Ensure compliance with the client’s Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Ensure compliance with the safety minutes.
- Oversee, guide, instruct, and mentor individuals working on the project
- Exhibit a complete familiarity with the stipulations contained within the contract paperwork.
- Assist in the tendering and awarding of trade contracts Convene pre-construction meeting Ensure timely issuance of material and subcontractor tenders
- Ensure that all subcontractors receive drawings and specifications Manage the budget process Participate in the design process when required
- if necessary, take responsibility for managing the value engineering process.
- Ensure that the baseline schedule is created, and ensure that it is maintained and kept up to current throughout the project.
- Keep track of delays and submit requests for additional time and money if necessary.
- Check to see that letters of delay are given when they are needed.
- Take charge of the process for Change Orders Take charge of cash allowances
Prepare and present monthly Project Cost Reports
- Prepare a cash-flow and update it as required
- Prepare monthly progress billings and monitor the receipt of payment certificates Review and authorize sub-trade and material payments and ensure accurate cost coding
- Manage and resolve contractual and technical issues with consultants and trades
- Prepare and present monthly Project Cost Reports
- The ability to successfully manage construction projects.
- The ability to resolve project disputes effectively and in a timely manner.
- The ability to effectively manage and inspire staff.
- Self starter with an excellent attitude and initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Civil/Construction/Architectural Engineering degree or Technical College diploma in Construction Management or equivalent combination of technical training
- Minimum of ten years’ experience as a Project Manager in the ICI construction industry or in the Multistory Residential space on new build projects.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting, scheduling, and safety standards
- An asset has been Gold Seal Certified.
- LEED An asset has been recognized
- Computer literate, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project Suretrak, Primavera P3 or P6 Axis Accounting
- Software is a plus.
- Knowledge of Procore and BIM software is advantageous.
- Primary work locations are Head Office and Project Sites
- Project related travel anticipated
Trending: 2000+ Foreign Job Openings in Canada
- Exposure to construction work site environment in all seasons
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
How to Apply
If you are interested on securing the job offer as a Project Manager at TalentSphere Staffing Solutions in Canada, click the link below to apply
Join our 77,000+ students and never miss our members’ exclusive Jobs Abroad and Scholarship updates.
Gain Access to our Private Telegram Group
See what others are reading