In this role, you will build and maintain strategies to enhance the employee experience and make Eventscape a fantastic place to work, all while providing support for key organisational projects.
Eventscape is a market pioneer in the specialized architectural fabrication industry all over the world. The company’s overarching mission is to “produce the extraordinary!”, and everything it does is driven by the desire to take on difficult design challenges and pursue innovative solutions.
Seniority level; Director
Employment type; Full-time
Job function; Human Resources
Industries; Design Services
We are the go-to partner for complicated and cutting-edge turnkey projects in the industry. Our services include engineering, fabrication, and installation of designs that push the boundaries of what is possible for leading architects, designers, developers, contractors, and artists. Our initiatives are not limited in any way by the complexity, scope, or form of their execution. Recent work includes showpiece projects for major league arenas, visionary public art pieces, feature ceilings for world-class music halls, special architectural features for the world’s greatest technology businesses, and new surroundings for major retail brands.
How do we do it? By refining design concepts; by offering insight on materiality; by providing expertise on finishes; by providing expertise on production methods; and by embracing research and development as an essential component of each project. Eventscape is home to specialized project managers, design retailers, fabricators, engineers, and installers. We are actually an architectural toy factory thanks to all of these factors and our cutting-edge gear since we are able to construct things that others are unable to.
Trending: 2000+ Foreign Job Openings in Canada
The Manager, Human Resources will:
- Create and implement programmes and policies that are in line with the overall business plan as well as the people and the culture of the company.
- Ensure that you are in compliance with the law by keeping up with the latest legislation and making sure that your policies, procedures, and documentation are all in line.
- Provide CEOs and people managers with coaching and advice on best practises pertaining to employee interactions, recruitment, staffing, development, and performance management
- Review the whole incentives plan on a constant basis will ensure that internal equity and market competitiveness are met.
- create and assist in the implementation of a global talent management strategy; supervise and assist in full-cycle recruiting and selection.
- Perform payroll processing on a fortnightly basis for personnel in both the United States and Canada.
- offer strategic assistance in the administration of change
- members of the HR staff should be managed, trained, and mentored.
- supervise and make the process of performance reviews easier to navigate
- oversee the administration of benefits and organise the annual renewal procedure for benefits for workers in both Canada and the United States.
- oversee all aspects of health and safety; spearhead productive initiatives that contribute to a healthy and secure working environment
- Maintain a current awareness of the evolving human resources landscape, including employment law, HR services, technology, and best practises in the business.
- employ HR metrics to generate and support suitable people initiatives across areas
- serve in an advisory capacity to workers on issues pertaining to their employment
- In regards to issues that are associated with employment, coaching and resources should be made available to both employees and supervisors.
- offer assistance with several aspects of general human resource administration as required (workplace investigations, employment letters, managing leaves, etc.)
- foster a constructive environment at work by encouraging participation from teams and lending a hand in organizing and carrying out activities for employees.
The qualified applicant will have the following:
- education beyond high school in either Human Resources or Business Administration, or a field that is closely related
- five or more years of experience working in human resources in a generalist position
- More than two years of experience in a supervisory or management role; practical HR
- expertise within the manufacturing or construction business; a solid understanding of ESA, OHSA, and OHRC; fluency with Office 365; and familiarity with ADP Workforce Now and/or JazzHR are also required (an asset)
- experience in the practical aspects of human resource management in the United States (NY, MI, CA) (a material good) CHRL designation, SHRM (an asset)
- ability to attract support and buy-in from a variety of stakeholders, which has been proved.
- skills in written and verbal communication that are exceptional; the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy; strong problem-solving skills; the ability to travel between facilities in Toronto; occasional travel to the United States.
- a valid driver’s licence and access to one’s own vehicle; and the ability to travel between facilities in Toronto (an asset)
Must Read: 4 Steps to Landing a Job in Canada
- occupy a position in our cooperative network of professionals in the manufacture of architectural projects from a variety of disciplines.
- you will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to projects that are at the forefront of architecture, art, and design
- you will be a part of a work environment that is fast-paced, creative, challenging, and highly rewarding;
- you will have the opportunity to unwind with our active social calendar, which features contests, celebrations, and unique activities;
- you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented, Feel both inspired and challenged by our team, which is comprised of some of the most creative, brilliant, and enthusiastic people.
- Join a dynamic and expanding organisation that offers room for professional growth.
- Utilize cutting-edge technology, stay on the cutting edge of technological advancement, and feel the rush of watching one of our projects come to life through fabrication and installation.
- benefit from expanded health care and dental coverage.
- Join us in creating something truly special and become a valued member of a family-owned business that is also socially conscientious.
How To Apply
Apply now with your resume.
Contact human resources at the following number: (416) 231-8855 for further information or if you require an accommodation due to a handicap. We would like to express our gratitude to all of the candidates for their interest in Eventscape; however, we will only be in touch with those who have been chosen to participate in an interview. Eventscape is dedicated to the promotion of a working environment in which the unique qualities of each employee are acknowledged, appreciated, and respected. Eventscape will take into consideration all applicants who meet the qualifications, and the company encourages people with disabilities to submit their resumes. At any point during the selecting process, reasonable accommodations can be provided upon request.
See what others are reading: